Assistant General Manager Investments Position at Plateau Investment and Property Development Company Limited
Plateau Investment and Property Development Company Limited is a reputable company wholly owned by the Plateau State government.
Over its 20 years of existence it has been at the forefront of developing, sustaining and administering the investment portfolios of the Plateau State Government and private shareholders.
It has several subsidiaries which include the PIPC Securities Ltd, which is a licensed stock broking firm that deals with the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
PIPC Core Values
- Commitment to Excellence
- Result based Orientation in all engagements
- Passionate Attention to detail
- Anticipating Customer Needs and Exceeding Expectations
- Responsible Stewardship
Plateau Investment and Property Development Company (PIPC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the below position:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager Investments
Ref No: 01
Location: Jos, Plateau State
- Deputize for the PIPC MD/CEO and sometimes act in his absence to:
a.) Build and maintain a high performance culture through effective performance management communication and coaching of staff
b.) Lead the formulation and implementation of objectives and strategic plans using cutting edge project planning and management tools
c.) Achieve operating efficiency, diversification and aggressive growth
d.) Drive achievement of revenue and profitability targets
e.) Ensure that the day to day operations of the company are effectively and efficiently coordinated and implemented to achieve goals and annual targets. In order to achieve these goals, the Assistant General Manager Investments would: In collaboration with the relevant Government agencies and Private sector actors, develop and execute marketing and public relations plans to achieve optimal growth targets and meet or exceed projections
Identify and nurture relationships with prospective Investors and stakeholder groups and referral contact withing targeted market areas to increase awareness of amenities and services
- Demonstrate an expertise and knowledge of current best practices in the areas of change management, Strategic planning and Building core competences
- Achieve individual sales and marketing goals and targets (call-outs, appointments, sales, closings, etc.), in addition to ensuring that goals of sales and marketing team are achieved
- Exhibit a high understanding of local and international markets
- Supervise, train, mentor, and promote team activity to achieve performance
- Generate reports utilizing lead database software quantifying contacts, profits , investment trends, organizational growth, presentations, deposits, and sales.
- Profession represent the organization at public and community functions and foster a positive image of PIPC and the Plateau State Government
- MBA and a First degree in Accounting/ Business Admin/ Economics are essential. Professional qualifications of ACCA, ACA (would be an added advantage)
- A minimum of 10- 15 years cognate experience especially in the financial services, including a minimum of 8 years experience in senior executive positions.
- The successful candidate would have successful strategic marketing experience, high technical and social competence, ability to lead and inspire others to higher standards of achievement and have an integrating effect on a team.
- Proven success and competence in project feasibility investigation and report writing, appraisal of feasibility studies, financial analysis, project phasing and funds disbursement, project supervision, portfolio management and risk analysis.
- He/she would be a creative thinker and have defined experience working in emerging/ markets / investments and lead the creation of marketing and sales strategies. A proven history of achieving or exceeding goals, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software.
- The ideal candidate would possess drive and perseverance and be committed to going;the extra mile; to achieve the stock sales and marketing goals. He/she would also be a high-energy self-starter with a strong goal orientation, and a big picture perspective. He/she would be a person of high ethical standards and have a personal reputation that would reflect well on the organization.
- Of equal importance would be a high standard of care and concern for current and future state of the Organization, Leadership, Relationship Management, Analysis and problem solving. Strategy formulation, Communication skills, a deep Understanding of Business and Investment, Governance management, Human and Resource Management
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2014
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit an electronic copy of their Curriculum Vitae and a statement of suitability for the selected position to: and copy
Note: Kindly indicate the position reference number on your application.
Click here to see more job vacancies at Plateau Investment and Property Development