Directional Driller Needed At Baker Hughes
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes creates value for Oil & Gas companies by offering leading drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production products and services. Our leading technologies – and our ability to apply them safely and effectively – create value for our customers and our shareholders.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, we offer opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Engineers, scientists, technicians and business professionals can make their careers at Baker Hughes. We continuously strive to develop our own leaders by hiring the best and then promoting them from within.
- Provide advice for well planning
- Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met by the Field Supervisor
- Acts as a project leader and mentors junior field engineers
- Expected to maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism
- Provide advice for bit selection and BHA composition
- Liaise with customer representative to ensure smooth operation and understanding of requirements
- Pre / Post job briefing and reporting as required
- Monitor effective use of down hole and surface equipment to fully optimize the use of all equipment, in response to hole conditions and in accordance with well proposal to enhance overall job efficiency
- Perform on-the-job training for new operators
- 4 year Technical Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years directional drilling experience
- Experience with and knowledge of Directional and/or other wellbore positioning software
- Experience with and knowledge of Advantage Engineering and/or other Directional Drilling software
- Deep water directional drilling experience would be beneficial
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience of AutoTrak or other Rotary Steerable Systems
- Be able to work with First Alert
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active role in HSE compliance
- Nurture Team Spirit
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 60,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes’ century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.