Senior Directional Driller Needed At Baker Hughes
ABOUT THIS JOB
This position is for a strong candidate with extensive experience in Directional Drilling who can support the Operations and Client Coordination
- Manages Drilling Services contract for a specific customer.
- Maintains close client contacts and ensures awareness of proposed client activity.
- Plans and submits for the Operations Managers approval, requirements regarding Personnel and equipment.
- Organizes and controls the maintenance of all equipment in accordance with the procedures.
- Ensures that the operating units are adequately equipped, as per Service Segment policies, to provide adequate working and maintenance facilities.
- Plans all operations with the Operating Engineers and provides them with the necessary assistance to ensure high quality service with the best economical and technical efficiency.
- Constantly evaluates the quality and efficiency of field operations through personal observations, analysis of reports and Quality Control and determines corrective action. Conducts field visits of operations.
- Ensures prompt and efficient reporting and administration, according to Company regulations.
- Coordinates and supervises activities of service or technical personnel via personnel assignments, job or project management, administration and technical support.
- Responsible for multiple products/services in a multiple legal entities.
- Typically does not have budgetary responsibility.
- Monitors daily progress of job(s) or project(s).
- Works independently under general supervision, requiring normal guidance and review.
- Provides some technical guidance and work direction to field staff.
- Level is determined by a matrix based on years of experience, number of employees supervised, and scope of responsibility.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 6 years’ experience in oilfield operations environment
- Good Background Experience in M/LWD and Directional Drilling.
- Thorough understanding of customer requirements.
- Thorough understanding of processes and procedures of the operating area.
- Proficient in the use of PC’s. Knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Ability to use highly specialized and advanced skills, knowledge and techniques in problem recognition and solution development
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 60,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes’ century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.