Welder Needed At JAGAL Group
Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
Welder – (213)
Job Description (but not limited to)
· Shall be able to deposit a sound weld which will be inspected by certified welding inspector and tested for its conformity.
· Knowledge about various welding consumables and its maintenance.
· Up to date knowledge of welding safety and equipment safety.
· Ability to read and understand welding procedures, specifications etc.
· Reading of drawings and instructions, layout and fabrication of systems as request.
· Ability to work on Carbon Steel, Arc, Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, special alloy and Aluminum etc.
· Ability to carry out SMAW, TIG, MIG, Gas, etc welding in all positions on Pipelines, Vessels structures and equipment.
· Ability to carry out Soldering and Brazing works.
· Being able to qualify for the all welding procedures and standards.
· Understand and apply the plant safety standards and maintenance procedures while performing the work.
· In addition to his normal jobs, he should assist and participate in other maintenance activities.
· Will be subject to internal training on safety, quality improvement tools to participate in Nigerdock continuous improvement.
· Understands and apply safety standards and maintenance procedures while performing the work.
· Fluent knowledge of English language (speak, read, and write).
· Graduate certification from High School.
· Craft Certificate from a recognized institution as welder trade (ITI certificate).
· Holds weld certificate on welding procedures in GAS, ARC, and MIG & TIG welding to relevant ASME, BS and API codes.
· Minimum eight years work experience as a Welder.
· Ability to perform work independently work normally performed by this craft.
· Welders shall require monitoring by contractor QA/QC program to qualify and to re qualify for welding procedures required to perform work.