Vacancy At JAGAL Group – Oil & Gas
Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
Provide support for O&G businesses to ensure 100% compliance in all cases. The role is a one stop shop for all enquiries revolving around exceptions and ensure processes are complied with for National Content Development
- Formulate in consultation with the Corporate Affairs and Government Relations Manager, the NC plan and implementation for Jagal Group and it’s companies
- Provide strategic direction and support to build relationships with key government agencies such as NAPIMS, DPR, NNPC and NCD Monitoring Board or any agency as required for the Group and its Joint Venture partners
- Develop and drive strategy for achievement of key performance indicators in the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development
- Provide day-to-day support in collation and interpretation of local data related to the Industry that would be required to implement any strategies and plans as deemed fit
- Stay abreast and updated on trends within the industry focused on the development of local capacity
- Liaise with all stakeholders to prepare and monitor the Jagal’s Nigerian Content Plans in compliance with local laws for all the proposals submitted
- Liaise with the all the involved functions, in particular Legal, HR and Finance in ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Act
- Assist the Business Development Department in maintaining competitive advantage in adding value to the Nigerian content policy
- Lead initiatives that will promptly lead to the proliferation of skills and competencies among Nigerians of all ages, both in general.
- Responsible for formulating and driving all Nigerian Content initiatives and projects, providing project scope, costs and implementation plan. Also responsible for ensuring that the desired level of recognition/credit is received (from NCDMB and customers) for such initiatives.
- A relevant university degree.
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage
- A sound working knowledge of the Nigerian Local Content Law
- In-depth understanding of the Oil and Gas legal regime
- Must have experience in actively interfacing with government regulatory agencies
- Must be familiar with proposals preparation and/or project management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A Minimum of 5 years’ relevant Local Content Law experience in the oil and gas industry
- Must have completed the compulsory NYSC program
Lagos – Lagos, LA NG (Primary)