Assistant Supply Chain Manager Needed At Bell Oil & Gas
Bell Oil & Gas specialises in supplying dedicated professional services to the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry.
We are dedicated to indigenous content development, and providing the Nigerian oil and gas industry with the essential local participation and increased local content that it lacks.
Our comprehensive suite of services has been specifically designed to make your job easier.
We appreciate your interest in our career opportunities.
Assistant Supply Chain Manager (Oil and Gas Servicing)
Bell Oil and Gas
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
Overall Purpose of Job:
To assist in the sourcing for and purchase of items for clients from all over the world at the right price, from the right source and delivered in the right quality, right quantity and on time to clients, while overseeing the team.
- Supply chain process implementation.
- Managing Line pipes procurement and logistics.
- Timely sourcing for and ordering items from all over the world at the right price and fit for purpose.
- Managing internal and external relationships.
- Timely conversion of Requests for quotes(RFQs) to Purchase Orders(Pos)
- Processing P.Os to agreed scope.
- Expediting orders.
- Providing timely feedback to potential suppliers on previously received quotations.
- Generally assisting the Supply Chain Manager.
- Assist in overseeing the implementation of the Supply Chain Process to meet company’s objectives.
- Work within established Supply Chain Procedures for requisition, processing, validation, delivery and invoicing.
- Achieve agreed RFQs conversion to P.Os.
- Process P.Os to agreed scope.
- Assist with procurement market research.
- Ensure continuous Supply Chain Improvement.
- Develop and manage relationship with suppliers, locally and internationally.
- Control inventory.
- Assist in managing all Supply Chain Projects.
- Maintain sound relationship with relevant regulatory agencies.
- Ensure the validation of goods and documents.
- Expedite orders.
- Provide feedback to potential suppliers on previously received quotations.
- Produce Supply Chain Performance reports, monthly.
- Drive Line Pipes and OCTG sourcing and management team.
- Build and maintain an effective database for tracking OEMs, Pipes and OCTG mills, OEM accredited distributors, stockists and Equipment suppliers.
- Provide guide and support on all Major Tenders and Service Contracts.
- Coordination of Supply Chain activities in the absence of the Supply Chain Manager
- Assist in the management of a data base of approved efficient Customs clearing agents.
- Assist in the management of a data base of approved efficient trucking companies.
- Assist in the timely clearing of goods from the ports.
- Ensure the training and development of team members to close up identified process gaps.
- Assist in ensuring that goods are delivered on time within agreed price and fit for the customer’s purpose.
- Maintain good relationship with internal and external customers.
- Attend management meeting in the absence of the Supply Chain Manager.
- Attend negotiation meetings with clients.
- Coordinate Supply Chain Meeting.
- Maintain comprehensive filing system.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and safety of documents.
- Effectively manage all staff in the team.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Percentage of timely deliveries.
- Percentage of RFQs converted to Pos.
- Percentage of RFQs processed within the 24 hours quotation dispatch rule.
- Percentage of P.Os processed within scope.
- Percentage of deliveries made with appropriate documents.
- Percentage of timely payments made by finance owing to correct information from Supply Chain.
- Percentage of satisfied internal clients.
- A graduate of a tertiary educational institution.
- At least five years on-the job Oil and Gas Procurement Service Experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the delivery requirements of the Exploration and Production (E& P) Oil Companies.
- Purchase order management skill.
- Goods/documents validation skill
- Excellent knowledge of clearing procedures at Nigerian ports; familiarization with the 5- stage clearing process, proper computation and validation of custom duties on all imported items.
- Excellent negotiation skill.
- Long range procurement planning capability.
- Trucking logistics management skill.
- Excellent international sourcing skill.
- Good documentation skills.
- Receiving and inspection skills.
- Project management skill.
- Passion to deliver
- Excellent RFQ processing skill.
- Excellent on-line bidding skill.
- Proficient in the use of Nigerian Customs tariff.
- Expediting skill.
- Inventory/stock management skill.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent MS Excel /Spread sheet skills.
- Analytical skills to define and solve problems.
- Relationship management
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project Soft ware.
- Excellent e-mail skills
- Good multi-tasking skill.
Salary Range (N)/Annum: N3.99M –N 5.78M