Job Vacancies At Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
* Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
* Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective.
* Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
* Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
* Work with the RM, in:
a) obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentation, etc.
b) preparing & presenting work-shopping note and
c) expediting approvals.
* Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Raptor, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
* Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.
* Coordinate and prepare for GCC meetings
* Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval/allocation.
* Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account..
Post Deal Account monitoring
* Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking Excess/past dues, strictly complying with ASTAR, EAR processes.
* Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports
* Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately
* Ensure Zero BCA over dues and extensions not breaching the required threshold.
* Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
* Proper maintenance of Credit files and ensuring Audit Ready at any time
* Attend EAR/Portfolio call/MTM calls along with the RMs
* In partnership with the relationship manager, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR as per the bank’s policies and guidelines
* Ensure that all administration associated with the team portfolio is done accurately in accordance with laid down procedures and on a timely basis in addition to undertaking regular inspection of assets and documents which represent security for the Bank.
* Ensure that portfolio review/audit results in good ratings and nothing negative is highlighted in the accounts allocated
* To assist in preparing annual industry studies, if required, in order to improve knowledge within OCC of specific markets and industries and to ensure we bank the top 50% in the industry.
* Complete awareness of Group Operational / Credit Risk policies, as well as local regulatory requirements.
* Takes on adhoc projects e.g. Team budgeting, preparation of reports, etc and other responsibilities as maybe required as per objectives set.
* prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required
* In partnership with the RM, approve the TAS request as per the bank’s policy (only FI specific).
* Work on specific request from custody for limits (only FI specific)
* Prepare PMC report (only FI specific). Prepare summary sheets for FIS (only FI specific)
* Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required.
* Effective use of Creditmate & any other credit tool
* Effective structuring the deal along with the RM – no of structured deals handled successfully
* Completion of BCAs and obtaining Credit approvals on time to facilitate faster execution of transactions.
* No overdue BCA, QCR
* Efficient handling of EAR, minimal ASTAR,
* Nil Provisioning
* Satisfactory Audit and other internal & external reviews
* No movement of account to GSAM without going through EAR
* The achievement of overall CC Strategy, including the portfolio revenue targets and ultimately the overall segment’s/unit’s revenues.
* Monitoring, Control and Improve the overall risk profile of the team portfolio.
Qualifications & Skills
- 6 – 10 years experience in Commercial Banking Credit Analysis
- Proficient use of Excel
- Strong background in Industry research
- Strong understanding of the peculiarities of the commercial banking space
- Strong writing skills
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics and related fields.
- Advance degrees/professional certifications would be an added advantage
- In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Method of Application