Major Opportunity At Oracle Nigeria
As an acknowledged authority within Oracle, this senior-level Sales Consulting professional focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions, analysing customer business requirements and strategy to develop future state customer architecture. This individual combines a breadth of knowledge and understanding of solutions, applications, technology, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns across multiple product families to develop optimal architectures that meet the business objectives of customers.
This role reports to the ECEMEA Enterprise Architect Leader. The Technology Enterprise Architect will form part of the EMEA Oracle Enterprise Architect Community and will be part of all architecture-related programs and certifications.
Technology Enterprise Architect
Experience: 10 year(s)
Course of Study: Computer Science
Required Grade: Not Specified
- Analyze business needs to develop strategic future state IT architecture and ensure Oracle solutions meet customer objectives.
- As a thought leader and customer advisor, influence customer leadership in acceptance of Oracle solutions and services to facilitate closing deals.
- Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops and identify quick wins.
- Lead detailed discovery analysis.
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
- Create financial models to express key areas such as TCO, ROI and Operating Budgets.
- Present and demonstrate business proposals to customers, and effectively articulate the Business Case justification with C-level executives and business leaders, influencing their buying decisions.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of Oracle and competitive technology and hardware architectures – in particular those from IBM, EMC and Microsoft.
- Provide guidance on the positioning of technology products into Applications opportunities.
- Act as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Architect Sales Consultants.
- Play an active role as part of the EMEA Enterprise Architecture community
- Work in collaboration with local account and sales consulting teams. Assume architectural leadership in complex bids (typically those that span multiple products Oracle Systems/ Applications/Technology) to ensure that the Oracle products are positioned in an appropriate manner
- Support Key Account Directors and other senior sales representatives in the account planning process. Helps to proactively identify opportunities for Oracle solutions in customer environments
- 10+ years business and IT experience, with minimum 2 years relevant to this position
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or Business or equivalent.
- TOGAF 9 certified, or working towards TOGAF 9 certification
- Strong awareness of the broad Oracle Technology products including Engineered Systems, Oracle Database and Middleware technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, information management, big data, java applications, Oracle and non Oracle applications
- Proven architecture experience in at least two of following competence areas:
• Oracle Engineered Systems (Exadata, Exalogic, Exalytics, Big Data, SPARC Super Cluster)
• Information Architecture & Master Data Management
• Database Architecture
• Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
• Governance, Risk, and Compliance
• Enterprise Security Architecture
• Enterprise 2.0 and Content Management
• SOA & Application Integration Architecture
• Server, Storage, and Networking Architecture
• Virtualization & Cloud Computing Architecture
• Enterprise, Operations, and Systems Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Fluency in English and the language of the country that the candidate is located
- Ability to travel as needed.
Other Relevant Experience:
- Specialization in one or more industries, the corresponding products, business model, best practices, business processes and industry reference architectures (desired)
- Project management and consulting experience is a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Master Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click online.