Latest Job Vacancies at Stanbic IBTC
- Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of Standard Bank Group which is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings and has been in business for more than 150 years. It is a global Bank with African roots and has extensive operations in 19 African countries including South Africa and 12 countries outside Africa including key financial centers like Europe, United States and Asia making us one of the biggest banking networks in the continent. It operates in Nigeria as Stanbic IBTC Bank; a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Holdings.
Business Manager: ED – Personal and Business Banking
Main Purpose of the Job
In managing the Business, the Executive Director – Personal & Business Banking supervises the synchronization of operations by engaging line of business heads in the development of strategic and functional plans that ensure the delivery of set goals. These plans have to be followed up with implementation and measurement of varied & complex activities; which is huge for one individual to cope with.
The Business Manager to the Executive Director provides high-level managerial support to the ED, assisting in managing the multi-faceted responsibilities of planning, organizing and performance monitoring. The position is privy to confidential information and as such requires diplomacy and discretion.
• Provide support to the ED in terms of business information and advice
• Involved in medium to long term strategic planning
• Plan, develop and implement strategy to advance BU mission and objectives
• Liaison between ED and line of Business Units
• Evaluate the performance of Business units
• Assist in the yearly budgeting process
• Provide direction to the activities of sub groups otherwise requiring the ED’s attention
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with ED’s associates
• Manage work schedules
• Timely management of communication (letters, email, etc)
• Prepare supporting material for meetings and presentations
• Performing other duties incidental to the ED’s responsibilities
Key Result Areas
• Achieve set targets for financial and nonfinancial performance
• Quality and accuracy of reporting to:
– Board of Directors
– Country Executive Management Committee
– PBB Rest of Africa Executive Committee
– PBB RoA CE
– PBB Western Region Head
Human Capital Business Partner – South South/South East Region
Main purpose of the job
• To develop and implement HR Strategic solutions aligned with business needs and expectations
• To advise BU Leaders on People related issues and themes
• To act as a business partner to PBB by embedding the Bank’s HR Strategy and by providing professional HR guidance and support to relevant client groups to add value to the business
• To ensure the most effective utilization and development of the banks Human resource in line with Group strategies and values in order to maintain high standards of professionalism and service quality
• Provide thought leadership on Human Capital management to PBB EXCO, and to the Bank’s Management
• Provide change management, organizational design and other organizational transformation initiatives
Key Responsibilities- Major Tasks and Responsibilities
• To develop and implement initiatives in consultation with the BUs that will help Stanbic IBTC become the Employer of Choice and to strengthen Stanbic’s employer Brand
• Develop, review and recommend HR policies and procedures to enable the business to develop its business strategy
• Review and reengineer HR Consultation activities to improve service delivery to embed and discipline and standards in all HR Processes
• Report on HR activities to the relevant PBB EXCO and Country EXCO in a timely and accurate manner
• Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes
• Embed a customer service culture through HR initiatives and participation in Country initiatives
• Develop and implement a Consulting Model that will ensure HR initiatives are aligned with Business expectations
• Engage HR Specialist Units and incorporate expertise in the development of BU Specific solutions
• Develop and Implement a thorough workforce plan for the BU that will deliver a sustainable talent pipeline
• Drive participation and engagement in Organizational Learning, Talent Management, Engagement and Leadership initiatives within the BU
• Promote the performance culture, encourage BU leaders and employees to take ownership of individual and team performance
• Advise BU Leadership on appropriate reward strategy to recognize high performance and support achievement of business plans in line with Group guidelines and best practice. Ensure internal equity amongst all staff with fair and consistent policies
• Build and develop a professional HR Business Partners to support the delivery of business strategy/performance
• Champion initiatives to support leadership development and acculturation throughout the Bank
• Provide expert advice and coaching to employees where appropriate
• Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
• Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and practices to enhance overall business performance
• Raise the profile of the bank among other peer organizations in the Region through regular networking and building effective relationships with the government and regulatory authorities and maintaining professional best practice
• Ensure that all staff related policies, procedures and practices comply with local regulatory requirements, reflect best practices and are within Group policies
• Support the establishment of operational risk controls, key risk indicators and risk management procedures relating to HR service delivery, resourcing and day to day management of the HR function
• To participate fully and support all Bank activities geared at the development of the business, managing business risks or any strategic goals of the business
To drive the development, implementation and administration of a reward strategy which supports the Stanbic IBTC business objectives and is aligned to the Standard Bank Group’s global and regional reward strategies.
Key Result Areas
• Develop and implement reward strategy to support the goals and objectives of Stanbic IBTC
• Align the reward strategy of Stanbic IBTC with the global reward strategy for the Standard Bank Group
• Oversee the effective management of the remuneration and reward process (salary increase, promotions, short term incentive schemes, long term incentive schemes) during the Annual Review.
• Communicate the Total Reward to the staff which includes LTI statements, EGS statements and compiling Bonus figures during the review period.
• Effective management of the group-wide job evaluation process.
• Preparation and collection of REMCO packs
• Provision of a total reward consulting to the business through effective internal and external stakeholder engagement
• Analyze qualitative and quantitative data required to inform a strategic reward plan to the country EXCO and REMCO.
• Keep abreast of the latest market conditions and trends in order to identify risks to the business.
• Investigate new remuneration and benefits structures and models and make improvement recommendations.
• Compile Remuneration and Benefits reports (monthly, quarterly and annual).
• Periodic assessment of the selected HMO’s delivery of medical benefits to employees.
• Implement and sustain non monetary recognition arrangements which will create and embed a culture of spontaneous recognition e.g. Long Service Awards.
• Implement and maintain a reward communication strategy that enhances transparency and keeps employees informed.
• Develop, maintain and implement a total reward offer for incoming hires.
• Align performance management to reward philosophy.
Method of Application
To apply for these positions,