Siemens is recruiting Human Relations Personnel
- Experience 15 year(s)
- Location Lagos
Siemens AG is a German multinational engineering and electronics conglomerate company headquartered in Berlin and Munich. It is Europe’s largest engineering company and maker of medical diagnostics equipment and its medical health-care division, which generates about 12 percent of the company’s total sales, is its second-most profitable unit behind the industrial automation division.
Siemens’ principal activities are in the fields of industry, energy, transportation and healthcare. It is organized into four main divisions: Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities. Siemens and its subsidiaries employ around 360,000 people across nearly 190 countries and reported global revenue of approximately €78.3 billion in 2012. The company has been the subject of a number of controversies in its history.
Human Resources Head: Nigeria (160676)
Job ID: 160676
Job Family: Human Resources
Organization: Human Resources
Mode of employment: Full time only
Oversee HR Strategy and entire HR value chain implementation and maintenance within the identified Siemens country, aligned with the business strategy and in accordance with local legislation, Siemens guidelines and policies and other related or business governance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define, implement and monitor the Human Resources Strategy aligned with Business strategy for the identified Siemens country.
- Management of the Human Resources department throughout the HR value chain within the country e.g. plan, source, develop, separate, enable, etc. This includes ensuring the operational effectivess of the HR organisation.
- Ensure alignment of and adherence to HR processes, practises, activities with local legislation in Southern Africa and global guidelines and processes. Control the implementation and maintenance of a Employee Policies.
- Oversee and control the implementation of other Siemens guidelines and processes relevant to Human Resources as a corporate unit e.g. Compliance, SOA, IT, supplier management etc.
- Oversee the management and control of the Industrial Relations function to ensure compliance with and adherence to local legislative requirements e.g. policy and activities.
- Member of the local country Pension Management committee
- Management and control of Service Level Agreements with Sector and Corporate Unit management
- Setup and control of the HR budget and cost management to ensure cost efficiency
- HR Advisor to the Board of Directors, local Managing Board, Sector and Corporate Unit Management
- Management, implementation and control of special Human Resources projects
- Support business in the branding of Siemens as an employer of choice in the local industry
- Promotes and supports Work-life Integration strategy and activities within the organisation as part of the overall HR strategy
- A minimum of 15 years experience in the Human Resources organisation on a strategic level, in a corporate environment in the engineering industry
- Relevant Human Resources project management and process design & implementation experience related to HR and internal Business projects.
- People management experience of HR managers or senior HR employees
- Understanding of the diversity aspects and requirements of Nigeria. Intercultural understanding in the workplace and related HR practises. Management of people from various cultural backgrounds.
- At least a first degree in an HR fiel. Possession of CIPM, SHRM or CIPD with further knowledge and training in the HR value chain would be advantageous