GE Oil & Gas is recruiting into the position of a Field Service Leader
About Us: GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-TMS Turbomachinery Solutions
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Field Services
Field Service Leader – Sub Saharan Africa
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience7 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
The Sub Sahara Field Service Leader will be responsible for the day-to-day regional execution of quality field service work in Sub-Sahara and will support the development of strategic initiatives for future growth.
– Establish outstanding level of quality in execution phase taking the ownership of the Site Activities Execution into the region and implementing the procedure described in the Quality Management System for Operation Excellence
– Drive excellence in the core operating foundations (EHS, Compliance, Quality), Working directly with EHS, compliance and quality leadership on operational rhythms and issues as they arise. Ensure all laws, regulations and guidelines are followed.
– Develop short and long-range business plans based on P&L forecasts and region business commitments (i.e. number of resources, training plans, logistics, direct hires, technical support, planning etc.)
– Support Leadership Regional Team and customer needs for field service execution, building Strong relation and process with Field Service ITO and OTR P&Ls Organization (TMS & DTS) to have a continuous control of the workload (backlog & forecast), highlighting well in advance the needs in terms of personnel and of training for personnel.
– Meet business financial Targets such as FSE utilization, Costs, worked hours, OCPH are achieved.
– Work with the HR and Resources teams to grow the regional pool of resources and support the assigned Service Managers leading the management of regional FSEs according to the local business requirements.
– Liaise with internal GE groups and business units across the globe to develop strong relationships for execution quality and productivity
– Coordinate the Regional Team assuring the achievement of On Time Start, On Time Duration, As Built Drawing closure, Technical Briefing, Technical De-Briefing targets are achieved and guarantee the mobilizations in compliance with immigration regulations into the assigned countries.
– Interact with the other Regional Leaders, Operational Excellence and Fulfillment teams to support the FSEs demand and guarantee the assignment of right skills to meet customer requirements.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Discipline from accredited college or university
– At least 7 years of experience in a field leadership role in service or project management
– Proved knowledge of SSA Oil&Gas Industry e Business dynamics
– Ability to travel 25% to 50% of the time
– Strong EHS, compliance, and quality mindset
– English fluency
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
– Strong project management skills managing remote teams and multiple cultures
– Strong customer service orientation and extensive customer interface experience
– Excellent leadership and motivational skills working in a regional and matrix model
– Experience in resource planning and cost analysis
– Ability to work at all levels of the organization and cross functionality within a matrixed organization
– Financial acumen
– Experience in installation and field service activities of the following equipment: heavy-duty gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, centrifugal pumps, and turbo-expanders
– Experience leading large teams of >100 personnel
– Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt (GE Employees Only)
– Technical or operations background
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Method of Application
To apply for this position,