Fosad Consulting needs a Senior Manager, Finance & Personnel
Senior Manager, Finance & Personnel
Our client, a major player in the aviation industry is looking to recruit a Senior Manager, Finance & Personnel who will amongst other things bring innovative and strategic ideas that can drive the company’s business.
The Senior Manager Finance & Personnel is responsible for the financial and personnel administration for the company and its subsidiaries in his/her region. He/she will represent the organisation’s Group interest as well as provide a neutral link between management and employees in regard to his/her function.
The objective is to provide accurate financial information, mitigating financial and legal risks, to support the expansion of the business and to optimise processes and economic performance as well as furtherance of positive relations within the HR.
The Senior Manager Finance & Personnel is in charge for all tasks in Finance, Personnel Matters, Administration and Corporate Functions and will be directly reporting to the Regional Director Sub-Sahara based in Lagos.
The regional responsibility comprises the countries Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea.
• Responsibility for the controlling processes in the region, including preparation and monitoring of forecasts and budgets for expenses, inventory. Participation in preparation of revenue budget and cost analyses
• Responsibility for financial administration, including all bank procedures/cash transactions/invoice control/voucher preparation and recording/current account controlling
• Coordination of year end closure activities
• Responsible for personnel administration, including payroll administration, preparation and renewal of rules of employment / preparation and participation in collective salary negotiation / providing local assistance in all HR-matters / coordination with the Regional Director Sub-Sahara
• Supporting the organisation Group companies in establishing and running local business units
• Responsible for local taxation matters
• Facility management, owned and/or leased property
• Local procurement
• Passenger and Freight document administration, including the requisition/distribution and administration of transportation documents/stock control of documents
• General administration including implementing functional system of internal control (ICS), execution of respective controls, contract administration, settlement of local liability and insurance claims
• Legal tasks including contract / staff and general business matters.
• To deal with internal and external auditors in facilitating audits and to ensure that all audit requirements are met
• To be responsible for adherence to all reporting and filing duties and compliance with internal and external rules and regulations
• Responsibility for local IT, power and telecommunication infrastructure
• To manage, guide and motivate his/her team
• Planning and coordination of relevant training sessions for his/her team
• Personnel planning in line with target- and budget requirements
• Educated to Degree-level in Business Management or Accounting
• 7-8years of relevant work experience, preferable with international companies
• Excellent knowledge of SAP and MS-Office products
• Familiarity with local financial regulations / generally accepted accounting principles
• Excellent knowledge of English both written and spoken
• German, Spanish or French language skills are of advantage but not mandatory
• Independent, analytical and structured approach to work
• Absolute clean record of conduct
• High degree of problem solving skills
• High degree of numeracy and ability to analyse financial data
• Good negotiation and presentation skills
• Intercultural competence and ability to deal with difficult personalities
• Ability to delegate and prioritise work flows
• Ability to work under pressure and keeping to deadlines at short notice
• Ability to understand a complex global organisation and its hierarchy
• Ability to deal with complex issues
• Courteous manner and team player/ social skills
• Ready to frequent travel both domestically (ABV, PHC) as well as internationally
• Ready to have irregular hours of work
• Psychological aptitude test is required
Candidate must provide additional personal references for proofing of degrees, work history and skills.