FAAN is recruiting into he position of a Security Officer II
The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) is a service organization statutorily charged with the responsibility of managing all Commercial Airports in Nigeria and providing services to both passengers and airlines.
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS:
- To develop, provide and maintain Airports, necessary services and facilities for safe, orderly, expeditious and economic operation of Air Transport.
- To provide adequate conditions under which passengers and goods may be carried by air and under which aircrafts may be used for other gainful purposes and prohibiting the carriage by air of goods of such classes as may be prescribed.
- To charge for services provided by the authority at airports.
- To provide accommodation and other facilities for the effective handling of passengers and freight.
- To develop and provide facilities for surface transportation within the airports.
- To carry out at the airports (either by itself or by an agent or in partnership with any other person), economic activities that are relevant to airports.
- To carry out at the airports (either by itself, its agents or in partnership with any other person) such other commercial activities which are not relevant to air transport.
- To provide adequate facilities and personnel for effective security at all airports.
- Generally, to create conditions for the development in the most economic and efficient manner of air transport and the services connected with it.
To effectively perform and uphold her mandate, FAAN seeks to hire passionate, motivated and highly qualified candidates to fill positions at different locations throughout Nigeria.
SECURITY OFFICER II (SO II) – GL 08
JOB CODE: FAAN/SO/005
The successful candidate will assist in the management of security in the airports to guard them against acts of unlawful interference such as bomb threat, Hijack terrorism, sabotage. Hence he or she will be involved in:
* Screening of Passengers and their carry-on baggage to forestall the introduction of dangerous devices aboard the aircraft.
* Protection of airfield equipment against sabotage.
* Escort of aircraft to holding points to forestall destruction.
* Crowd control and facilitation of passenger by arresting and prosecuting touts.
* Patrol of perimeter fences to check criminal activities and unauthorised access on the airside.
* Mounting of surveillance within the precincts of the airports to detect and nip criminal acts.
* Traffic control to keep internal access road free of obstruction by raiding illegal hawkers and checking vehicular movements on the airside.
* Minimum: A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma from any recognized institution.
* Must have completed the mandatory NYSC or has received exemption from service.
* Pass Aptitude Test, Physical Fitness Test, and the Oral Job Interview
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to work in a team
* Height: Men 1.65 Meters Women: 1.60 Meters
* Age Limit: 18 – 30 Years as at last Birthday.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should apply online. PLEASE NOTE THAT NO HARD COPY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To apply: log on to the employment portal at faanrecruitment.com and follow the instructions.
Applicants meeting the required qualifications will be considered for ONLINE Aptitude Test. Applicants selected for Aptitude Tests will be provided a Unique Test ID Number.
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), and other necessary support documents. The following documents are required and should be scanned and uploaded onlinewhere required:
- A comprehensive CV
- All certificates from Primary School to the Highest Level of Education Obtained
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Certificate of State of Origin
- A Government Issued ID such as the National Identification Number (NIN), Nigerian International Passport, Valid Driver’s License
- A recent Passport (sized) Photo
- Only applicants who fully meet the requirements and are being considered for Aptitude Test will be contacted.
Application and Aptitude Test Period: January 8-22, 2015. (Aptitude Test for Selected Candidates Only)
- Note that only ONE JOB APPLICATION PER APPLICANT WILL BE ENTERTAINED. Applicants applying for more than one job will be automatically disqualified.
- NO FEE IS REQUIRED FOR ONLINE APPLICATION, TEST OR INTERVIEW!
- PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT FAAN DIRECTLY regarding this recruitment. Such Inquiries WILL NOT be entertained and you may be disqualified.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click online.