UNICEF is looking to recruit into a Consultant for Child Protection Monitoring and Evaluation position
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-02-2015
Post Title: International Consultant for Child Protection Monitoring and Evaluation
Contract Type: Short Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: 105 days over 11 months
Location: Home based with travel to Nigeria
Deadline for receipt of application: 29 January 2015
UNICEF is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
The programme will be implemented in Plateau and Gombe, as part of an EU funded joint programme with UN Women to mitigate the impact of conflict on women and children, including through increasing access to reporting mechanisms and protective services for girls and women affected by human rights abuses, including gender based violence, and in Lagos and Cross River.
Strengthening the system includes the development of a robust child protection management information system.
Purpose of the consultancy:
- to establish a harmonised information management system and case management system for child protection
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
· Support the assessment of formal and informal information management systems for child protection and routine data collection relevant to child protection in the four states and at Federal level, including how data is collected from the states and including routine data collection relevant to child protection, and support the mapping of data collection points and data flows
· Review the data and information collected for the assessment conducted at State and Federal level and draft the assessment report and mapping
· Facilitate validation meetings for the four states and at the Federal level
· Support stakeholders to develop a draft detailed costed plan of action for an information management system for Nigeria including detailed recommendations for the content and coverage of the system and how the system will be used.
· Develop pilot tools for the child protection management information system
· Master’s degree in social science, statistics or related field
· Minimum fourteen years relevant professional work experience with projects related to monitoring and evaluation
· Abreast with latest development in the field of monitoring and evaluation
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Strong communication skills – both oral and written
Desirable specialized knowledge/experience
· Experience of assessing and developing management information systems for child protection and knowledge of child protection
· Experience of working on monitoring and evaluation within the public sector
How to apply:
Candidates interested in the above position should submit his/her application, accompanied by updated CV in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form, (which can be downloaded from our website at () to the email address below on or before Thursday 29 January 2015.
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.