Major Job Recruitment at Oando Plc
Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market.
Oando Nigeria Limited is recruiting for the below position:
The Project Manager is responsible for managing OGP’s natural gas pipeline and facility projects. The incumbent leads the design and execution of natural gas pipeline and facilities construction projects; using the standard build process including evaluation of alternatives, scoping/cost forecasting, project plan development, design, construction, commissioning and project completion, as appropriate. The job holder is expected to effectively influence and manage the direction and implementation of projects safely by supervising the project teams (internal and contract personnel)
In addition, he/she will use project management expertise to manage and control multiple projects within scope, budget, and schedule as well as make effective use of standardized tools and processes while working to improve standardized approaches within OGP.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accountable for accomplishing the project objectives within budget and on schedule.
• Clear understanding and application of relevant technical codes and standards (ANSI, ASME, API, DNV ISO etc.) for all engineering deliverables
• Prepares and manages project schedules, incorporating and analysing input from the project team, including permitting, design, land acquisition, gas control, operations, material acquisition, contractual obligations, etc.
• Updates and maintains schedule data to ensure project consistency and optimization.
• Creates and maintains formal communication plan to team members and management.
• Ensures contractors provide resource loaded schedules at determined intervals to make sure project is being completed on time and within budget.
• Manages project team(s) efforts to determine scope of work and takes lead in securing necessary funding.
• Effectively manages and reports in a timely manner changes in expectations, scope, company risk, timeline and/or project budgets.
• Maintains a high level of focus on health, safety and environment. Ensuring safety within all project work.
• Insures the project teams provide the appropriate project documentations.
• Ability to accurately forecast and secure both company and contractor resources. Balances level of resources required with cost effective completion of projects..
• Responsible for assuring effective communication regarding project progress and significant issues with project sponsor, operations and program management personnel.
• Proactively identifies and addresses safety issues as they arise throughout a project from scoping to commissioning.
• Manages, coordinates, and monitors work progress of individual team resources. Adjusts schedules/workloads/resource requirements as needed to accomplish objectives while meeting overriding company requirements.
• Works with contractor to determine best use of contractor resources
• Regularly keep management informed of problems, issues, and status of on-going projects
• Conducts after-action-review of completed projects and shares information with relevant departments as appropriate
• Complies with all regulatory guidelines and company policies and procedures. Assures appropriate documents have been secured and retained in a timely fashion to manage company risk.
• Represents the Company at external functions relating to projects.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Delivery of Projects on Time, Schedule and Cost.
• Proactive and early warning updates on issues that may threaten project completion.
• Time taken to deliver completed project against agreed delivery schedule
• Total cost of project against agreed cost
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors’ degree in relevant Engineering field (min. 2.2).
• Project Management Institute (PMI) qualifications or similar desirable.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in project planning, scheduling and management.
• Exposure to cost engineering, planning and contracts administration.
• Experience in infrastructure design/construction, or heavy engineering operations preferred.
• Generally a combination of at least 3 or more years of project management and/or specific technical experience with designs, construction methodologies and maintenance of gas facilities and pipelines
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and prioritize requests.
• Understanding of ERP systems, or similar work management systems.
• Well-developed computer literacy specifically including: MS Office suite, MS Project (Gantt charts).
• Good organizational skills.
• Formal project management training required.
• Basic knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and cable or assembly design principles.
• Demonstrated history in effectively managing self to deliver agreed deadlines.
• Working knowledge of database use/management, cost control software desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective project leadership in terms of setting project plans and expectations and then having both self and team members execute to the plan.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Oil & Gas and Power Industry Dynamics
• Gas Plant & Pipeline, and/or Power Operations
• Business Performance Monitoring
• Creativity & Innovation
• Relationship Management
• Political Savvy
• Team playing
• Oral & Written Communication
• Ability to develop and work with project plans and schedules including associated cost profiles
• Knowledge of the marketplace and impact of same on project execution strategies
• Understanding of project reporting requirements of various stakeholders and ability to generate same
• Understanding of the company’s Opportunity Realisation Process
• Working knowledge of company-adopted project management methodologies and systems
• Understanding of project risks and ability to develop strategies for their management
• Demonstrated ability to influence individuals to accomplish objectives without direct reporting relationships.
• Proven track record of managing critical path issues to successful project completion.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to serve as mentor/coach in developing project lead skills in others.
• Ability to lead program level initiatives or company strategic focused initiatives.
• Knowledge of the economic implications of project decisions.
- Engineering & Technology Science
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click online.