Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client with a major investment in the Real Estate industry, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant – Real Estate
Job category: Real Estate
- There are huge opportunities in this fast growing sector which they dominate. Excellent training provided and good career opportunities into the team.
- The Accountant will be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting which is fully compliant with all the accounting policies.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and complete posting of the Company’s inventory in accordance with agreed standards.
- Maintain all records of taxation activities including tax liabilities and payments and provide adequate proof of remittances for tax audit exercises.
- Prepare and ensure prompt rendition of personal income tax.
- Process staff loans and personal advances.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepare client billing schedule and submit the invoice to clients.
- Maintain aging report of outstanding liabilities to third-party entities and provide relevant explanations as required.
- Prepare periodic reports on all invoices processed and received.
- Review requests and supporting documents to ensure validity, accuracy, and completeness.
- Update the financial records of the business as appropriate, including invoices, vendor accounts, fixed assets, inventory and other GL accounts.
- Respond to internal and third-party enquires regarding payments processing.
- Ensure accuracy of computations on salary schedule.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years post-NYSC relevant professional experience in accounting or audit related functions.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA)
- Proficient in Business Writing
- Practical use of Peachtree and Microsoft Excel
Skills and Experience
- Good leadership skills
- Interpersonal abilities
- Willingness to learn
- Meticulous attention to details
- Commitment to achieving excellence.
- Positive attitude and energy
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Effective written and oral communication
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online