British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Job Title: Regional Administrator
Location: Kano State
• Provide efficient support within the Depot through general office duties such as filing and managing of all internal and external correspondence and electronic communication, ensuring that all relevant and urgent matters are forwarded to the respective personnel timeously, always adhering to the company’s Records Management System.
• Deal with all relevant service providers, internal and external.
• Assist the Regional Manager in managing the regional safety, security and vehicle maintenance by adhering to the relevant policies, procedures and maintenance schedules to protect and safeguard the Region from risk.
• Process, check, verify, manage and allocate all relevant invoices and ensure authorisation before forwarding documents to Head Office for payment.
• Responsible for the monthly control of all expenditures on both the Regional and Office / Depot budget, reporting on discrepancies and forwarding all relevant documentation to the various individuals / departments i.e. Budget Variance Report, Quarterly Loss Report, Insurance Claims, Credit Card Statements and Expense Claims.
• Control cell phone accounts and/or claims. (Where applicable.)
• • Order Regional working stock on a monthly basis.
• Assist in planning, organising, controlling and administering of service providers and/or temporary personnel when required in accordance with policy and procedures to ensure availability of services.
• Control and maintain vehicle lists and ensure that proper records are kept of all traffic fines, incidents and accidents. Keep Fleet Management System updated with correct driver information at all times. Provide monthly fuel reports to the field force.
• Responsible for the completion of all documentation regarding the purchasing and disposal of fleet vehicles.
• Any other ad-hoc requests within reason.
• Ensure the effective functioning and execution of administrative and office / Depot duties and tasks.
• Management support through efficient, effective and speedy delivery on all assigned tasks according to agreed deadlines.
• Relationships between internal and external staff to be in line with BAT Core Values and the TM&D Code of Conduct.
• Assist annually to finalise the relevant budgets. Submit quarterly reports and monthly reports indicating and explaining deviations.
• Administer and ensure timeous submission of all required documents of all creditors’ accounts as per procurement procedures, e.g. Supplier Relationship Management System.
• Maintain a monthly record of Area Managers’ and Representatives’ operating expenditures in respect of km’s, accommodation, customer relations and cell phones (where applicable) against targets.
• Ensure that all Credit Card Claims are completed according to procedure, authorised and forwarded to Head Office for the correct allocation of expenses.
• Compile the Regional summary timeously for Re-Imbursive Allowances and forward to Head Office for payment, managing records as per audit requirements..
• Maintain Asset Register and update when required as per prescribed procedures, i.e. timeous completion of schedules required to record any movement, including purchasing, selling and scrapping of assets.
• Manage the fleet, including the purchasing and disposal of vehicles, in accordance with prescribed procedures.
• Manage and administer all vehicle claims and relevant documentation according to procedures, liaising with Panel Beaters and Fleet Management as and when required.
• Vehicle driver information to be maintained at all times and updated as and when required.
• Verify cash-on-hand and confirm that the balance is equal to the Purchasing Card (Petty Cash) amount granted minus expenditure, validated by vouchers to substantiate all expenditures, before presenting documents to Regional Manager for authorisation.
• Supply Regional Manager with all the necessary reports required at every cycle end within 2 days thereof.
• Prepare and compile ad-hoc reports as determined from time to time.
• Actively participate and contribute to the effectiveness of the EHS, EE and other Committees if elected.
• Provide a relief function at Reception / Switchboard as and when required according to a time table or in times of emergency.
• Distribute weekly statements timeously to Wholesalers. Provide Wholesalers with new price lists immediately once available after price increase notices.
• Planning, Organising and Control
o Plan work effectively and according to priority.
o Organise work effectively to ensure the successful execution and completion of all identified tasks.
o Control work effectively in order to work with the minimum supervision.
Knowledge / Qualifications
• Minimum qualification of OND.
• Good knowledge of Trade Marketing and Distribution policies and procedures to assist field force.
• Good administration knowledge and experience.
• Proficient in English with good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent telephone manner with a overall pleasant disposition towards people
• Proficient computer skills, i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
• Highly presentable and outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively at all levels
• Methodical attention to detail with efficient organisational skills
• Flexible work style
• Analytical skills to assist in planning and controlling
• Influencing- and negotiating skills
• Basic accounting, secretarial and office management skills
• Ability to work independently and be able to use initiative
• Pro-actively looking for solutions to solve problems with the relevant decision making ability
• Self motivation with good time management
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organise effectively
• Self starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Good performer under pressure
• Discreet and maintains confidentiality
How to Apply
Application Deadline 31-Dec-2015