Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security & Livelihoods Supervisor
- The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Deputy Program Manager will primarily be responsible for managing and implementing the USAID/Food for Peace funded PROTECT IDP response in North-Eastern Nigeria.
- From May to December 2015, FFP will provide 2000 IDP and vulnerable host households with support to implement micro gardening in their settlements and camps, and 4750 IDP and vulnerable host households with food assistance, and nutrition behavior change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Provide support to the FSL Deputy Program Manager to implement the program successfully.
- Facilitate program coordination and monitoring and evaluation of the FSL activities.
- Facilitate community mobilisation activities to support targeting and registration of beneficiaries and improve gardening knowledge, attitudes and practices.
- Represent ACF externally in relevant LGA level forums and technical working groups.
- Degree in a Food Security related field e.g. Agronomics, Agriculture, Animal Health, Agricultural Engineering, Development Studies etc.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Capacity to supervise a team.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Three years relevant work experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers).
- Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA).
- Analytical capacity.
- Good relational qualities.
- Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural/animal health production systems.
- Good knowledge of implementing projects.
- Capacity to write high quality reports.
- Previous team management and activity planning experience.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with ACF.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line. For example, “Food Security & Livelihoods Supervisor-Borno”.
- Applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.