British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Import Executive (Spares Planning)
Job number: 11447BR
Appointment type: Permanent
- To ensure that spare parts are readily available to support manufacturing requirements in PMD, SMD, Engineering, Utilities and other user departments.
- Ensure effective Spares inventory management and improvement of all Spares core processes such as ordering, receipts, storage, documentation, SAP postings and reporting.
- Ensure orders are placed for all categories of spare parts and track orders to delivery.
- Monitor Repairs & Replacement Stores (R&RS) inventory & control through Material Requirement Planning (MRP) within limits set in BATN R&RS stock holding policy.
- Analyse month-end stock count and other inventory core reports for accuracy in order to drive proper planning.
- Track and report Spares spend & savings monthly.
- Follow up orders with Procurement and Import Teams for imported and local spare parts and track to ensure prompt delivery within lead time.
- Follow up on orders with OEMs and OPMs to delivery and resolve any pending queries.
- Drive down and maintain stock value position in line with BATN stock holding policy
- Manage sales and purchase of spares through Spares Finder web tool.
- Generate and analyse stocks reports for management information & decision making.
- Ensure appropriate re-order level quantities are maintained on SAP for all categories of spares to avert stock-out situations.
- Ensure full participation in identified projects, process improvement initiatives and audit action points.
- Exhibit leadership by example in the areas of standard of business conduct, by displaying high degree of integrity.
- Participate in the review of spares requirement and priorities, with SMD, PMD, Engineering and other user departments.
- Contribute to the company target savings on manufacturing by continually reviewing the list of imported commercial spares for local sourcing.
- BSc.or HND in Engineering or any Numeric discipline
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good communications skills both in written and oral English language.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience in an FMCG
- Good knowledge of inventory management.
- Very good knowledge of SAP software/ ERP system
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th June, 2016.