The African Development Bank (the Bank) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative interventions that will significantly reduce poverty, through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. It is Africa’s voice on global economic, financial and development issues. The Bank will focus its investments around five priority areas, High 5’s: light up and power Africa; feed Africa; industrialize Africa; integrate Africa; and improve the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is building a world-class senior management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
Job Title: Operations Assistant – OSGE2
The main objective of the Governance, Economic and Financial Management Department (OSGE), created in 2006, is to support the regional member countries (RMCs) in the areas of governance, economic and financial management. The activities of the Department are guided by the Governance Strategic Framework and Action Plan (GAP II), approved in 2014.
The Economic and Financial Reforms Division (OSGE.2) has responsibility for all economic policy-based operations such as stabilization and adjustment programs, poverty-reduction support loans, and budget support operations as well as public expenditure reviews in all RMCs. The division also advances financial sector reform activities and reviews, carries out financial sector reform policy-based operations, promotes the development of financial markets and represents the Bank in dialogue on sector reforms, thereby providing acutely needed visibility for the Bank in this sector. The main deliverables of the division are policy-based operations, institutional support Projects, public expenditure reviews and financial sector reform programs.
The Operations Assistant will provide operational support to OSGE.2 division. S/he is also expected to be a self-starter, with the ability to develop systems to track operations, have some report writing skills and ability to provide administrative and operational support to the division.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager OSGE.2, and in collaboration with other staff members in the Division, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Provide operational support to the task managers of OSGE.2;
- Track programme activities through implementation of appropriate systems and prepare activity reports;
- Develop a database and a tracking system on disbursements of financial resources of all projects managed by the Division;
- Monitor of projects to be in force and those whose last disbursement deadlines should be extended; monitor project schedules in BPPS and ensure synchronization of the status in BPPS and actual implementation.
- Update and maintain a computerised processing schedule of operational activities;
- Maintain a working relationship and dialogue with donors and provide reports and update on the Projects;
- Maintain and monitor consultants’ shortlists, letter of invitation, contracts, correspondence letters, performance evaluations, summary data sheets, invoices and payment records;
- Ensure coordination with CIMM on matters related to SAP & BPPS systems and any other information technology issues, and assist the Head of Division and TM on ICT related issues specially SAP PS data entry and approval.
- Assist with budget execution and follow-up;
- Ensure up to date information in hard and electronic filing systems (shared drive);
- Ensure distribution of reports, publications and articles of interest to staff members;
- Assist the Division team in programming and project processing;
- Support Director/Division heads and sector TM in management of project processing schedule, OpsCom calendar, BRAG agenda and coordinate with the teams if necessary.
- Prepare a schedule of all requests for capacity building and training.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual work program, quarterly mission programme and report on the status of portfolio implementation and processing schedule.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Division Manager OSGE.2.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, business administration, regional planning or in related fields;
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of experience in operations and administrative issues at different levels of responsibility;
- Strong client orientation with commitment to results on the ground and operational experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good ability to communicate ideas effectively;
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. A good working knowledge of the other language would be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
NB : This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered as a local staff and will therefore not have international terms and conditions of employment.