Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited – A leading international player in marine services, BOURBON offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Master ASD TUG
Job Code: 160254
Duties & Responsibilities
The Master has the overhaul command and authority for the navigation and operations of the vessel, represents BOURBON in all contacts with the Charterer and has full responsibility to protect BOURBON interests:
- Command and operate the vessel in a safe and cost efficient manner.
- Report to the HSE Manager (or according to reporting procedure) any matters which could be detrimental to the safety of the vessel, crew or company property
- Ensure that all paperwork pertaining to accounts, safety, operations and crew is completed satisfactorily and where applicable filed or dispatched to head office in time
- Keep accurate accounts
- Ensure that the Oil Record Book is correctly filled in by the Chief Engineer
- Supervise shore workers carrying out maintenance and/or repairs
- Maintain throughout the contract a good communication with the contract manager as per Bourbon client satisfaction chain
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks
- Supervise officers and crew training
- Responsible for the seaworthiness of the vessel
- Ensure that neither the vessel nor crew facilitate unsafe practices
- Ensure that the vessel and her crew conform to all Company, International, Flag State and Classification Society regulations
- Ensure that there is a smooth operational relationship with all clients
- Train the Chief Officer in all aspects of ships command with special emphasis on maneuvering of vessel
- Carry out officers and crew assessments
- Chair the vessel’s Safety Committee Meetings
Line reporting and functional linkage:
- This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Key skills and behavior:
- Persuasion & Leadership
- He shall be so fluently bilingual that he reacts immediately to a stressed command in English given by THE CHARTERERS rig move master.
- Organization skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- The Master shall be in possession of a valid II/2 STCW License.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: In order to allow us to match your profile to suitable position, please be as accurate as possible when answering the questionnaire