The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) was established in 2005 as a non-profit organization and networking alliance of African Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs.
AFENET is dedicated to helping ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, and sustainable programs with capacity to improve public health systems partnering with global public health experts.
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Work Hours: Full-time
Provide logistics support for program training and field activities:
- Support the program office in a variety of Administrative, financial and operational duties
- Receive and process information of a confidential nature; ensures such information is maintained in strict confidentiality
- Performs a variety of routine to moderately skilled clerical support functions, including word processing, data entry, financial management, and other related duties as assigned
- Support Administration unit in coordinating travel plans for program staff, residents and other program sponsored travelers assigned to program related activities.
The candidate for this position should also be potentially able to perform the following duties/tasks:
- Support NFELTP Administrator in compiling periodic NFELTP and PMI program update reports
- Support NFELTP Administrator in coordinating travel plans for program staff, residents and other program sponsored travelers assigned to program related activities;
- Work with NFELTP Administrator to prepare and reconcile travel and operational expenses for program staff, residents and stakeholders for NFELTP and PMI activities. Ensure payments are made timely and vouchers for reimbursement are accurate;
Support in maintaining field reports from residents and graduates assigned to core program activities:
- Screen all incoming calls and be responsible for messages getting to the supervisor
- Provide visitors with accurate and appropriate information and direct them to the proper area or personnel.
Qualification and Experience
- First University Degree
- At least two years experience
- Language Proficiency: Working knowledge of English Language to be able to communicate with staff in the course of his/her work
- Job Knowledge: Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
- Skills and Abilities: Ms Word. Ms Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline 15th December, 2016.