ARM Life formerly CrystaLife Assurance Plc. is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM).
Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
ARM Life is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Analyst
- We are looking for a Corporate Strategy Analyst in our Real Estate Subsidiary with excellent spoken and written skills in French language.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing the firm’s corporate strategy as well as monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of this strategy
- Monitoring the performance indices of the Business and Developing periodic performance management reports
- Identifying and recommending new business initiatives / opportunities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- Assist with periodic update of the Firm’s business plan and reviewing growth strategy to ensure market dominance in key locations.
- Preparation and circulation of periodic performance monitoring reports
- Collation and analysis of performance data across Subsidiary Businesses across the Group.
- Conducting research and gathering data on resources critical to the successful entry into new markets in Africa.
- Develop business proposals and executive level presentations and reports to support analyses and recommendations
- Assist in the planning of corporate strategy sessions and subsequent development of group-wide corporate strategic plans
- Bench marking – conducting comparative analysis of the Key Performance Indicators with industry peers and emerging markets
- Assist with developing and nurturing counterpart relationships of strategic and financial nature
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the Firm’s new business process template
- Responsible for updating the financial model of the firm
- Education Qualification: Minimum – B.Sc, M.Sc
- Preferred Years of Experience: 3 – 5 year(s)
- Strong financial modeling and numerical skills.
- Good research, data gathering and analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Appreciable grasp of business issues (Corporate Finance, Real Estate and Hospitality, Emerging Markets)
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in French and English Language
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to details
- Should possess strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, manage time, prioritize to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit high level of initiative and proactiveness
Job Title: Legal Officer
- This candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice and support in relation to the preparation, review, negotiation and delivery of all contracts and agreements and other documents of a legal nature, including on all legal matters relating to the business of the Company and of Funds managed by it.
- In addition to this, S/he will provide compliance support in satisfying regulatory and other contractual requirements of the ARM-Harith Infrastructure Fund (the “Fund”) including in relation to the various Fund Agreements, the Investment Process and portfolio/asset management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities for the job holder include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and advising on Fund documents, project, finance, investment-related and other contractual documents including assisting with legal and contractual due diligence
- Document and contract preparation and support
- Conducting research on all relevant aspects of law and regulatory requirements as well as research on Fund target sectors, countries, projects, etc, as appropriate, to support Fund Management Team decision-making regarding deal flow development and prioritisation.
- Providing legal and administrative support to the Company and to the Fund vehicles including but not limited to the Investment Committee and the Advisory Board of the Fund including by liaising with the company secretaries in Nigeria and Mauritius
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all reporting requirements and obligations under the various Fund documents, Company and regulatory rules/processes, and raising early warning of any deviations from laid-down requirements
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with Nigerian and Mauritian regulatory requirements pertaining to the Fund and the Company, as well as liaising with Nigerian regulators such as the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), and with Estera (Mauritian Corporate Administrators)
- Addressing KYC/CDD requirements in relation to investors in the Fund, Fund vehicles, and company shareholders and stakeholders such as Investment Committee and Advisory Board members, as well as KYC requirements in relation to potential and actual portfolio investments.
The successful candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- A law degree (e.g. LL.B, BL)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial services environment and/or in project development preferably in an infrastructure environment.
- Excellent contract review, analysis, and research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and a good team player able to operate in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
Job Title: Treasury Officer
- Oversees and trades all Money Market transactions in the Inter bank Market and the efficient management of all FUM in the Treasury Department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance on the Funds Management desk in ensuring that the best rates/quotes are obtained for the Group on all Investible Funds on a daily basis
- Reviewing transaction reports, calling over transactions and analyzing trade data to identify exceptions
- Monitoring of Interbank market conditions in order to proffer next trading strategies
- Ensure that executed trades recorded in the Systems on a daily basis.
- Monitoring of all maturing obligations and assets on the Group’s Balance sheet
- Prepare the cash flow forecast analysis of all Assets Under Management (AUM) on the Group Balance Sheet with scenario analysis.
- Monitoring of Cash forecasting variance Analysis
- Monitoring the Exchange rate risk, interest rate risk and liquidity risk on the Group’s balance sheet on a daily basis.
- Monitor compliance with unit Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) while ensuring regular interactions with interdependent business units and departments and update SOP and SLA as necessary.
- Ensure that processes are carried out in compliance with appropriate controls within processes.
- Ensure that counterparty limits are observed in the course of the day’s trading
- Prepare reports as necessary for use at company’s periodic ALCO
- Preferred Years of Experience:
- 5 – 7 year(s)
- Minimum of B.Sc, M.Sc, MB
The successful candidate should also have the following skills/requirements for the role:
- B.Sc and M.Sc in any of the Social Sciences preferable Economics, Banking & Finance, Accounting.
- Not less than 6 years experience in the Treasury department of any Financial Institution preferably a bank.
- Have basic knowledge of the Financial Markets and various Financial Instruments been traded
- Ability to analyze Economic data and Financial market conditions.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and interpret Financial Statements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent Numeracy skills, good analytical, organizational and communication skills in English (both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member with a high degree of accuracy and attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th December, 2016.