Terragon Limited, an Integrated New Media and Mobile Content company based in Lagos, Nigeria with presence in Ghana, Kenya, India, UK and Mauritius currently seeks to employ a: Senior Accountant . The Group prides itself as a new media business focused on Africa. It has built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities and follow up on and collect payments
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with GAAP which Satisfy both internal and external financial reporting requirements
- Perform other duties as required
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Review all inter-company transactions and ensure reconciliations are up till date
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the CFO’s attention
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted and actual results.
- Collect and analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Report the weekly progress of the business toward the monthly established goals
- Facilitates month-end and year-end closing activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, and other general financial analysis
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, from an accredited university required
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability of relate well with all customers and peers.
- Ability to prioritize and organize to maximize quality, value, and service.
- Possesses and applies fundamental accounting and financial concepts necessary to analyze financial position of the organization.
- Remain current on all financial regulations and standards
- Minimum of 4 years audit/accounting experience required.
- Prior experience and knowledge in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and most importantly SAP.
- Extensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of GAAP.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiasm and high level of job interest.
How to Apply
Applicants should forward their CVs and cover letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted