Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Statoil (Nigeria) Limited (SNL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Statoil ASA and currently the operator of two deep-water offshore licenses. Its main partners are Chevron and Shell. Chevron operates the Agbami field in which SNL is an equity participant.
Lead Analyst Business Development DPI OTP
Job ID: 8499
- This position requires a candidate with business development experience in a wide range of projects and in all the commercial aspects of business development, including economic analysis, value chain knowledge (particularly oil & gas upstream and midstream) and negotiation experience.
- Supporting the Managing Director and the Management Committee in making decisions related to commercial deals / agreements / transactions to access resources, resolve disputes, optimize and/or grow the portfolio, etc. by providing the best possible decision basis.
- Supporting Asset Managers in developing, negotiating and maintaining commercial agreements relating to Statoil’s operated and partner operated assets. Otherwise provide company representation at license meetings and/or follow-up of asset management strategies at the Asset Manager’s request.
- Responsible for commercial work (both new and existing business opportunities), including the establishment of a business case and valuation, risk assessment, integrity due diligence, market and competitor analysis, transaction and contractual structure, as well as bid strategy and negotiations.
- Coordinate with other units in Statoil to assess and incorporate into commercial propositions matters of relevance related to legal, tax, financing and political and security risk.
- Coordinate the preparation of decision support documents and presentation of projects for decisions to relevant decision makers.
- Contribute to commercial negotiations with authorities and partners in cooperation with other internal units.
- Keep continuously updated on developments in Nigeria regarding petroleum activities, legislation, politics, economics, competition, etc.
- Establish relationships with other relevant units in Statoil.
- Establish, build and sustain relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders in Nigeria, in both business and politics as well as with the oil and gas industry in general
- Ensure HSE, ethical practices and technical integrity (Statoil’s “non-negotiables”)
- Generally championing the company’s values and vision in Nigeria.
- Minimum university education – Bachelor’s degree in the field of Economics, Commerce, Finance or Business Administration, other relevant fields will be considered.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of oil & gas development and production in Nigeria preferred – with related personal network
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- Ability to identify with and represent the company in accordance with its values: courageous, open, collaborative and caring
- High level of personal integrity and high ethical standards
- High level influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Business understanding, involvement and stakeholder engagement skills
- Proactively engages and challenges all commercial contributors
- Solid understanding of technical business development disciplines
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Demonstration of leadership, time management and collaboration skills in a multi -discipline environment
- Self-motivated and independent, proactive and perseverant
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
- Ability to perform and succeed under pressure
- We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration:
- Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English. Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
- If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
- Our values are to be courageous, open, colaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
- Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Apply Here