EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
Fistula Care Plus is a five-year global project funded by USAID and managed by EngenderHealth in partnership with the Population Council, Di Magi Associates, Direct Relief, the Fistula Foundation (U.S.), the Maternal Health Task Force, and Terrewode. The main purpose of the project is to prevent and repair obstetric fistula.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Job Code: 1092
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: Finance Administration and Human Resources Manager
- Based in Abuja, the Senior Finance Officer will work closely with other staff to ensure proper management of the office finance and administrative activities.
Under the direction of the Finance, Administration and Human Resources Manager (FAHRM), the Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review transactions vouchers for accuracy, correct coding and completeness of documentation in compliance with EH policies and proper authorization before presenting to the FAHRM for approval.
- Review transactions posted in Quick books accounting system (payments, deposits, journals and petty cash) for accuracy and coding.
- Upload electronic payment of reimbursements/entitlements to participants and partners at EHN organized/sponsored travels, meetings, trainings & conferences.
- Review and verify the uploaded electronic banking beneficiary account details and payment transactions in the absence of the FAHRM.
- Prepare / Review account reconciliations for suppliers, staff, consultants, sub-awards before payment.
- Prepare a monthly Outstanding Advance Report by reviewing and staff advances and liquidations to ensure compliance to the standard operating procedures.
- Processing WHT Credit certificates for vendors.
- Administer time reporting and leave management in the Dovico software.
- Review the monthly vehicle usage analysis from the vehicle logbook movements and month end report and prepare the expense journal.
- Work closely with the FAHRM to maintain adequate cash flow for EngenderHealth operations in Nigeria.
- Provide financial management support to all events and meetings organized by the project
- Ensure the maintenance of an up to date filed records of EHN Financial activities, in an audit-ready manner; ensure proper and effective filing system is in place in EHN
- Work with the FAHRM to prepare Budget vs Expense reports and assist with monitoring the office project fund balance (Pipeline report) and other donor reports as required.
- Prepare activity budgets and present draft budgets for review to the FAHRM, ensuring that budget utilization is within the available budget provisions in the Work plan.
- Prepare the office financial year-end procedures, year- end schedules and prepare audit schedule including accruals of severance, vacation, and Creditors accrual.
- Supervise the Finance Officer and Admin Assistance.
- Prepare payroll, vacation, severance allocation according to the time sheets and journals.
- Print weekly bank statements, and reconcile to the cashbook.
- Prepare monthly financial reports, bank reconciliation, and submit to the FAHRM for review.
- Conduct monthly review of Quick Books Balance Sheet accounts and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Conduct monthly review of the Sage X3 ledger against the Quick books ledger and reconcile the differences.
- Manage the office local statutory returns, by ensuring that returns are submitted and paid on time ( PAYE by the 10th of the following month, Withholding tax by the 21st of the following month, NSITF, Medical insurance, pension etc.)
- Ensure timely responses to local financial queries.
- Perform any other comparable duties as may be assigned to this position in general support of EH activities.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- BA in Accounting, Business Management, Financial Management or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience working with a USAID supported project preferably.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and QuickBooks is mandatory.
- Work experience in a supervisory position is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent coordination and time management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to work under pressure and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
Starting salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position
Job Title: Finance Administration and Human Resources Manager
Location: Fistula Care Plus, Abuja
Reports to: Country Program Manager, Fistula Care Plus, Nigeria
- Based in Abuja, the Finance Administration and Human Resources Manager [FAHRM], works in a complimentary fashion to effectively lead and manage the project’s essential Finance and Operations systems for budgeting, financial monitoring and reporting, grants and subcontracts procedures, procurement and management of logistics and commodities (inventory management), information technology.
- S/He develops the Project’s Financial reports to USAID and EngenderHealth, and work in close collaboration with the Project’s Financial Management team and EngenderHealth corporate finance and administration staff in order to ensure top quality procedures and reporting.
- S/He provides guidance to the Country Program Manager on matters of Finance, project management and operations.
- S/He will supervise project Finance, Procurement, Logistics and Administrative staff based in Nigeria.
- Work with the Country Program Manager (CPM) to develop and coordinate the annual budgeting process for the project.
- Develop and coordinate the project’s accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems, including establishing internal control systems in accordance with EngenderHealth standard operating procedures and donor rules & regulations.
- Review of payment vouchers for completeness, accuracy, allocation and for allowability of expenses by project and ledger code; match all transactions to accompanying receipts (vendors, payroll, petty cash, provident fund, advances and their liquidation to staff & consultant). Ensure consultant labor charges have appropriate time sheets and vendor identification numbers.
- Review and verify the uploaded electronic banking beneficiary account details and payment transactions.
- Review project budgets and monitor project expenditure in line with budget by maintaining a budget tracking/reporting system (Pipeline report).
- Provide management & program staff with monthly reports and analysis as needed to help them manage their projects.
- Review bank reconciliation and review of monthly expense report for submission to EngenderHealth/NY.
- Prepare of monthly cash flow estimate and send the cash advance request to EngenderHealth/NY.
- Participate in the pipeline and related variance analysis meetings.
- Prepare the office monthly Payroll and ensure staff are paid by the 25th of each month.
- Review the payroll, vacation, severance allocation according to the time sheets and journals.
- Ensure that all the statutory deductions returns are submitted and paid to the authorities (FIRS, withholding tax, NSITF, Medical insurance, pension etc.)
- Review the monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and clear any outstanding items.
- Coordinate the preparation of the office financial year-end procedure, year-end schedules and prepare audit schedules for all the balance sheet accounts including vacation, severance, prepayments, and accruals.
- Coordinate internal and external audits.
- Establish, manage, monitor and oversee all procedures for the development and issuance of grants and subcontracts with local partners.
- Establish, manage, and monitor all procedures for management of the funds provided to program partner organizations.
- Manage and supervise all compliance related matters including the development and monitoring of Corrective Action Plans, co-facilitating the monthly compliance team meetings (with the CPM), timely submission of quarterly compliance reports to HQ, etc.
- Provide technical support and training to the participating program partner organizations to strengthen their financial and administrative capacities.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly, bi-annual and annual financial reports to HQ and donors as well as interim status reports as required.
- Participate actively in new business development activities for the Nigeria Program.
- Supervise relevant administrative support staff such as the, Senior Finance Officer, Finance Officer, Procurement specialist, Logistics officer and Admin Assistant.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the CPM and EngenderHealth.
- Develop and keep up to date the program’s administrative manuals.
- Ensure maintenance of records and files related to finance, payroll and administration.
- Identification of operational issues and problems and implementing solutions.
- Weekly monitoring of the approved program activity Quick list, and coordination with Finance and Operations team, to ensure proactive preparedness of the program activity requirements.
- Oversee the sub-contracting and local procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure procurement integrity and competitive bidding for all the office procurement.
- Ensure the office maintenance of asset, inventory register per EH and Donor regulations
- Work with EngenderHealth/ NY and liaise with the local computer consultant as needed.to ensure an up- to- date computer system and applications.
- Set up the field offices when needed, including lease management or share, procurement, services and vendor management, telecommunications, including Internet, supplies, and travel services, utilities.
- Ensure the Vendor Vetting process is being conducted before engaging a potential business partner (supplier, employee, consultant, sub-award etc)
- Liaise with EngenderHealth/NY in all financial and administrative matters.
- Initiate discussion and resolution of issues with bankers, lawyers, auditors and tax consultants as necessary.
- Work with the HQ HR team and CPM to coordinate human resources management including recruitment procedures for the Project.
- Prepare and distribute staff monthly payslip and annual tax certificates.
- Manage the office local Medical insurance and pension etc.
- Maintain copies of payroll records of all staff and consultants and ensure that annual salary increases and promotions are properly documented.
- Work with HR NY to maintain the office HR manual up to date in line with the country labor laws, donor and EngenderHealth policy.
- Assisting the CPM in coordinating recruitment of long and short-term staff;
- Ensure that all new hires are properly on-boarded and oriented.
- Coordinating the performance appraisal review of the project employees and ensure timely submission to Engenderhealth/ HR unit in NY.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Master’s degree or University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or CPA/ACCA Professional qualification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of US Government funding rules and regulations, financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Additional Certification in Human Resource management a plus.
- At least 8 years of work experience in the financial, administrative and contract management of international donor funded projects with demonstrated experience with USAID and/or international program management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of contract management including knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, with particular knowledge of Quickbooks, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to provide technical support and training in finance and operations.
- Knowledgeable about logistics and procurements systems for supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of Office Administration and Document filing processes
- Knowledge of HR Processes and Guidelines for Small and Medium size offices
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and requirement for fluency in English.
- Knowledge and capabilities in accounting, administration and operation and operational practices.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiations and effective communications with partner organizations and sub-grantees.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making processes and build constructive alliances internally and externally.
- Must be goal oriented and able to be flexible, manage, and accomplish multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership and technical skills, with proven capacity to manage conflicts, direct and manage change, and inspire high performing teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, communication, partnering and supervisory skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position