The Luxxor Group is a corporate organisation consisting of subsidiaries involved in several industries including Power, Gas Distribution, Metals Trading and Construction across EMEA.
- The Finance function within the group is managed centrally and its responsibility is not limited to the day to day running of the P&L but also financial analysis & planning, budgeting, forecasting, monthly management pact etc for all the subsidiaries.
- This is a key position reporting to the CFO, with Prime responsibility for; the development and continual refinement of robust financial control, reporting and implementation processes.
- Managing the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Manage vendor invoices – Receive and process vendor invoices and internal cheque requests. Maintain open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and match to invoices. Verify invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions, and applicable discounts.
- Carry out bank reconciliation – Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts. Verify accuracy of bank statements and answer questions or resolve problems. Maintain integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
- Preparation of the company annual Financial Statement in collaboration with Finance Manager
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Attending to External Auditor during statutory Audit.
- Ensure up to date Intercompany reconciliation with parent company and all other subsidiaries within the group.
- Review and ensure Value Added Tax (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted correctly from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority (FIRS and LIRS) accordingly.
- Review and ensure all monthly provisions (Audit Fee, Tax Consultancy Fee & etc) prepayment and amortization are made monthly.
- Review Payroll with Human Resources Manager to ensure statutory deductions and pension are calculated and remitted correctly
- Review Petty Cash Expenses with Administration Team
- Review and ensure daily and end of month posting of all payment vouchers and Journals before impacting into general ledger.
- Verify documents for completeness and compliance with government and private agencies.
Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
- The ideal candidate must be a Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA, or equivalent), with minimum qualification of a B.Sc in Accounting or Finance.
- He / She must have minimum of 6 years’ experience. An MBA or Msc in Finance; knowledge of the use of ERPs would be an added advantage.
- Core accounting skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Financial planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Financial analysis and interpretation skills
- Accounts preparation and bank reconciliation skills
- Attention to detail
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Application of accounting principles
- Preparation of timely financial statements
- Filing of reports to statutory bodies
- Cash flow management
- Knowledge of Statutory returns and reporting
- All units and departments that have dealings with The Finance Department.
- Partners both local, International, Government agencies and various vendors.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 – 3 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
- This is a position reporting to the Finance Manager, with Prime responsibility for supporting the finance manager in recording and maintaining financial details of the company, processing payments and cash handling.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Support the Finance Manager by inputting into sales & purchase ledgers from source documents.
- Matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices.
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy.
- Assist in monthly payroll run.
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required.
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure swift payment of invoices
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures
- Provide financial support to team members
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- ACCA qualification (desirable)
- Two – Three years experience in a similar capacity
- Experience of working in a finance department.
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Good level of competence in all MS office applications.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Good organisational skills
- Good analytical ability
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to LuxxorGas – Nigeria career website on www.ondemandassessment.com to apply