International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Driver II at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan and its station in Abuja.
Job Title: Driver II (2-year renewable contract)
Location: 2 Positions in Abuja and 1 position in Ibadan
Candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Drive vehicles within and outside Nigeria to convey, IRS, other staff, collaborators and visitors.
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook.
- Liaise with Insurance Officer to ensure that vehicle documents (local and international) are valid and up to date.
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance checks
- Carry out vehicle cleaning and ensure adequate kitting (tools, medical box, and accessories)
- Liaise with Workshop to ensure prompt servicing of vehicle as at when due.
- Ensure courteous and prompt attention to passengers’ needs while being conveyed.
- Ensure due completion of feedback form for each trip completed and return same to Transport Pool Services.
- Ensure safety of vehicle and passengers property
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- BSc / HND in Plant Breeding , Agronomy or any related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience on a similar role
- Good skills in MS Office and general knowledge of computer
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary.
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
- Be available to work outside office hours and for extended hours where necessary
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date:
18th April 2014
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA website