Accountant Needed At PeopleCrux Consulting
Our Client, A leading player in the Education Industry located in Lagos is looking to recruit a focused, energetic, results-driven, committed and experienced individual, to fill the position of Accountant.
- To Lead the Accounts unit, ensuring an effective utilization of its capacity toward the achievement of the organization’s aims, vision and mission.
- To ensure effective strategic and operational financial planning, management, monitoring and reporting to enhance the decision making process of Senior Management
- To ensure ongoing viability and secure the organization’s financial future in line with the organization’s plan, mission and values.
- To ensure effective control of all company financial, accounting and information processing systems, whilst developing and maintaining proper procedures and reporting systems to ensure compliance with statutory and company regulations.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Document all financial transactions.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts and draw up monthly financial reports
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare tax computations and returns
- Implement and maintain internal financial controls and procedures
- Ensure the integrity of the Company’s ledgers and associated systems.
- Produce monthly management accounts forecasts and information monitoring the various aspects of the Company’s performance within the specified timescales.
- Produce statutory accounts.
- Provide statutory returns for tax, VAT and other government departments.
- Maintain a fixed asset register.
- Assist in the production and development of the Company’s Business Plan and budgets.
- Identify training needs within the department and make suitable recommendations for action.
- Seek improvements in the Company’s information systems (manual and electronic).
- Identify and evaluate areas for improvement of profit with particular regard to cost reductions and methodology.
- First degree in a numerate discipline plus any Professional Accounting Qualification – ACA,CIMA, CPA, ACCA
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in core accounting function (preferably from the Educational Sector).
- Relevant finance experience should include planning, forecasting and enterprise financial systems with emphasis on financial reporting, budgeting and profit and loss analysis.
- Good and holistic understanding of the business operations, inter-relationships and dependencies.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Good presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of office productivity tools.
NOTE – Candidates must reside within Ojodu-Berger, Olowora, Isheri Environs
Interested candidates who meet all the requirements should please send a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] using the title of the position being applied for as the subject of the email. For example: Accountant
Application closes on 17th of October, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.