Givaudan is in need of Accounts Manager
- Experience 3 year(s)
- Location Lagos
Givaudan is the global leader in the fragrance and flavour industry, offering its products to global, regional and local food, beverage, consumer goods and fragrance companies.
Our Flavour Division has four business units: Beverages, Dairy, Savoury and Sweet Goods. The Fragrance Division has three business units: Fine Fragrances, Consumer Products and Fragrance Ingredients.
Headquartered in Vernier Switzerland, Givaudan holds a 25% market share in an industry which is valued overall at around CHF 17 billion. We have been listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange since June 2000 and are one of the country’s 30 largest companies in terms of market capitalisation.
In 2012, Givaudan achieved sales of CHF 4.3 billion, with a workforce of over 9,000 employees and subsidiaries in over 40 countries. It has a presence in all major markets and a network of 80 sites in mature and developing regions.
We invest more in research and development than any other company in the industry and we have the heritage, scale and the supply chain to serve worldwide customers seamlessly with innovative products and concepts.
Key Account Manager Flavours – Nigeria
Key Account Manager – Nigeria
Givaudan South Africa’s Commercial Export Sales division in South Africa is seeking highly experienced and customer focussed individual to expand growth and sales from our newly established regional office in Lagos Nigeria.
In this role you will be challenged with growing our local business and presence in Nigeria in a multicultural and diverse environment with the leadership of the Country Manager and the support of a Sales Assistant.
As this is a new office and location, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop with the newly established Regional Office. Servicing and growing both existing as well as new customers.
Manage, motivate and develop subordinates, managers and staff within the division
- Formulate objectives that can be monitored throughout the year
Business optimisation and profitable growth
- Supply all relevant market information to the Research Division to be included in the database
- Identify the major opportunities available that can give profitable growth
- Develop strategies to exploit these opportunities
- Evaluate the small customer base, grow and develop new business potential
- Supply comprehensive briefs in support of ongoing business and of new potential business
- Formulate sales profit and expense budgets for the department
- Ensure that accurate forecasts are provided to the Logistics department
Management of agreements/offices in various territories
- Maintenance of the current export business portfolio with particular emphasis on strengthening the Givaudan relationship with all its customers in the various territories
- Manage all Agency and Distribution agreements in the various territories
- Control freight costs and ensure that company receives the best freighting costs
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills –
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Computer literacy and accuracy
- Customer orientated
- Proficiency in Lotus or Excel systems
- Sound knowledge of financial and commercial terms and functions
- Knowledge of the Food Flavour industry and generally industrial Food market characteristics vs those of the Food Manufacturing & Consumer Goods industry would be advantageous
- Comprehensive understanding of both industrial and consumer marketing
- Knowledge and interest in Africa and its various cultures
- 3 years’ experience in the export market
- Senior management experience
Commerical Sales, Flavours, Nigeria
How To Apply