Accounting Job At Intercontinental Lagos
Accounts Receivable – InterContinental Lagos
Accounts Receivable – InterContinental Lagos (Job Number: LAG000124)
What is your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU!
We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos. (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/new-hotels/lagos).
InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers.
Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
Guests have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar is the perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveller there is a health club bar serving fresh juices.
InterContinental Lagos also offers exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities include a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space.
We are currently recruiting our Accounts Receivable.
As the Accounts Receivable, you will promote a professional and positive image to all of our guests and contribute to the hotels targets by carrying out a variety of accounting duties to ensure correct reporting of revenues and costs, timely and accurate processing of invoices and statements, and/or timely receipt of monies owed to the hotel.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Summarize and post data to journals, ledgers and other accounting records; balance accounts and reconcile all accounts.
- Obtain approvals on invoices to be paid; make proper accounting entries in ledger; reconcile discrepancies with vendors; prepare transmittal of invoices for payment.
- Prepare and monitor monthly aging of accounts; prepare statements and collection letters for delinquent accounts; make phone calls to collect accounts excessively overdue.
- Approve and process direct billing requests; prepare all bills and mail invoice statements.
- Ensure credit card POQ’s are in working condition and process credit card rebates monthly
- In return we’ll give you a generous financial and benefits package including duty meals, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
- A degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years experience as an Accounts Receivable in hotels of international brand
- Good understanding of the Nigeria/African business and market environment
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of results achieved, creativity and the implementation of new practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written & oral proficiency in English)
- Service minded and ability to involve and support operations
- Business savvy and good people skills