Accounting Officer Needed At Structon Limited
Structon Limited is an organization formed and wholly-owned by Nigerians to deliver engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance (EPCM), and project management services to clients in diverse industries around the world.
We work with clients in government and private sectors to design, build, and maintain the most complex and challenging capital projects. Our diverse portfolio encompasses residential and commercial projects.
We have quick access to international markets via our geographical spread and technology. Our global partners in the US and Europe provide design, engineering and construction management support to our domestic team of experts.
Our mission is to provide exceptional services and technical knowledge across every phase of a project by delivering quality products through unparalleled support services by our skilled, competent and dedicated staff.
Our vision is to become a trusted global business leader in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services known for our penchant for excellence in delivering quality projects on schedule and within budgets.
While we work for governments and commercial customers, our projects have helped grow local economies and improve the quality of life for communities and people around the world. Time and again our work has demonstrated that the only limits on human achievement are those that we place on ourselves.
- Maintenance of Company ledgers
- Accurate recording of Company costs
- Reconciliation of month end balances
- Assistance with production of Statutory Accounts
- Assistance with completion of Company taxation returns
- Maintain a robust framework of internal controls to ensure that accounting records maintained are complete, accurate and reliable
- Review all general ledger change requests and provide sign-off to Finance Systems team for implementation
- Implement improvements to accounting processes and controls (in conjunction with the Finance Systems team) to increase reporting quality and efficiency.
- Involvement in relevant projects
- Assist to Produce financial statements monthly and at year end
- Disburse cash following laid down approvals
Desired Skills and Experience
- BSc. Accounting or any related discipline
- 2 years and above experience in an Accounting function
- Studying towards an accounting qualification
- Integrity, courteous, hardworking and organized
- Understanding of company policies, business processes, procedures & systems in the context of wider business plans
- Ready to learn and grow with the company
- Awareness of current issues in the financial services environment
- Ability to meet crucial and demanding deadlines
- Identifies & negotiates “win-win” solutions
- Experience of working in a highly regulated and controls-orientated environment