Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington, D.C (www.chemonics.com), seeks qualified candidates for both professional and support positions for a five-year agricultural value-chain development project funded by the U .S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The position will be based in Abuja. Any successful candidates will possess the following:
- The Accounts Assistant’s primary responsibilities are filing, photocopying and making cash/check deposits to the bank. The individual will assist the Finance Manager and Accountant with a variety of administrative and accounting tasks as directed. The Accounts Assistant will report to the Finance Manager or his/her designee.
Specific Duties of the Accounts Assistant
- Deposit vendor, subcontractor, consultant and other checks to the bank.
- Receive cash and make payments to the project bank account.
- File accounts documents.
- Photocopy accounts documents.
- Prepare check requests originated from the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Review medical expenses submitted for reimbursement.
- Review expense reports for completion.
- Assist the technical team and any other staff with financial requests upon approval from the Finance Manager or his designee.
- Travel to assist with field activities when required.
- Produce work products in conformity with the project and clients’ standards.
- Communicate information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, project culture, values, and practices, and the specific scope and nature of the project.
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment.
- Contribute positively to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, accepting and giving constructive feedback.
- Any other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Degree or certificate is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years experience working in an administrative role. Experience operating under a USAID contract preferred.
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Excel and Word.
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, bank and tax officials, USAID Mission personnel, and the general development and business community.
- Strong organizational and work prioritize/ion skills, affection to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, a cover letter detailing qualifications in relation to the position, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please specify “the position” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.