Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
- The Finance Assistant will be based in Potiskum, Yobe State and will be directly supervised by the Base Finance Officer.
- The Finance Assistant performs a wide range of financial duties associated with daily office operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Make payment of advances, in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain cash box and cash books.
- Process payments, maintain cost reports and manage invoices.
- Track and monitor archiving documents.
- Record budget allocations and accounting codes.
- Secure the cash box and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ensure proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports.
- Degree in Finance and other similar field with minimum of 1 year experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Experience in working with the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and humanitarian context preferably.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
- Food interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback and be a team player), time management and planning skills.
- Ability to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities and manage team needs.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy
Sector Manager – FSL
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The position is based in Borno State and report to the Area Project Manager.
- The Sector Manager will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in Borno, North-Eastern Nigeria with focus on cash based transfer component of the FFP project.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement multi-sectoral cash transfer activities in collaboration with the Area Project Manager.
- Identify program implementation modalities that enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and other programs (Nutrition, WASH, FSL, NFIs, etc.) with CBT components within the mission.
- Ensure program quality and adherence to program objectives, including respect of Action Against Hunger technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines.
- Support program budget design and updates; oversee budget monitoring and cash projections and budget Forecast.
- Contribute to organizational and sector-wide learning through good quality documentation of lessons learned, best practices, evaluations etc. for the Cash component of the program
- Assist the Area project manager in preparing Cash internal and external reports for Action against Hunger and the community, including case studies and success stories.
- Manage field teams within cash sub sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all cash interventions.
- Track and report technical cash based activities.
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA and State level when required.
- Degree in Food Security and Livelihood related studies e.g. agro-economy, agriculture and at least first level CaLP (Cash Learning Program).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in humanitarian contexts in a similar role.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Previous experience with cash transfer programming.
- Experience implementing programming on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Deadline: 5 March, 2018