Admin Assistant Needed At APM Terminals
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
The main purpose of the role is to drive our procurement in Nigeria. The candidate will be expected to handle all general office co-ordination and assist management with the day to day administrative tasks. The candidate is expected to work closely with both Human Resources and Finance departments. The role is a position within Damco Nigeria, aiming to both adjust our existing procurement and ensure a constant level of high performance. The position will functionally report to Human Resources Supervisor.
Specific Responsibilities are;
• Travel Coordination: This includes, visa arrangement, hotel booking, airport pick-up, flight etc for travellers and visitors
• Non-operational Supplies: Managing/Maintaining all office equipment and supplies. Ensuring at least three quotes for all supplies twice yearly basis which decision on preferred vendor is reached.
• General office coordination and liaising with facility maintenance company to ensure a safe, healthy work environment including coordination of drivers, printers, copiers, telephone and internet services, scheduling and management of meetings and events
• Manage and own inventory of stationeries.
• Handling and monitoring of all incoming and outgoing courier
• Perform the local role as facilities point of contact for all external service providers, i.e. landlord, cleaners, telecom, etc.
• Ensure all duties are performed in a safe and professional manner in line with company policies and procedures
• Overview company filing system and ensure filing and archiving is carried out in a timely manner
• Manage the use of office cars/maintenance/purchase/fuelling/repair
Who we are looking for:
A young, experienced, open-minded, dynamic, detail oriented and result driven individual with the following skills/traits:
• Minimum 2 year administrative experience (in the Logistics Business desired)
• Experience in a Finance role will be a plus
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Package
• Strong general management and administrative skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Quality-focus and detail-oriented.
• Dynamic, dedicated and well organized.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong sense of confidentiality and integrity.
• Builds strong relationships and maintains a strong network of suppliers.
• Understands our business needs and requirements.
• Speaks English & at least one Nigerian Language
• Highly motivated and sense of initiative>
Last application date: 31 March 2015.
For further information, please contact: Olamide.Sadiq@damco.com
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Supplier Payment Terms
• Admin cost reductions
• Timely replacements and Effective stock keeping Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has 11,000+ employees in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. In 2013, Damco had a net turnover of USD 3.2 billion, managed 2.8 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and air freighted more than 225,000 tonnes. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.