AdminAccount Receivable Clerk At The American University Of Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for an Account Receivable Clerk. This position is a local one open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Title: Account Receivable Clerk
Opening Date: July 18th, 2014
Closing Date: July 25th, 2014
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Account Receivable Clerk handles specific tasks associated with tracking the payments that a business receives. Tasks may include posting details of transactions, keeping totals of accounts, monitoring the accounts to ensure that payments are up to date, reconciling billing vouchers and collections activities, sending reminders to overdue accounts. The position shall report directly to the Bursar.
- High school graduate and a diploma in accounting or related business field.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers
- Experience in completion of bookkeeping and office administration procedures, coursework combined with related financial and administrative experience.
- Equivalencies will be considered.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in accounts receivable and proficiency in MS-Office and Banner System.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information
- Confidentiality concerning financial files
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- be respectful
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- be flexible
- demonstrate sound work ethics
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to [email protected] before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.