Administrative Assistant At IITA
Administrative Assistant (1 Year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Position / Responsibilities
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in day to day office administration
- Handling correspondence, photocopying, binding and other paperwork
- Assist with keeping travel schedules and hotel reservations
- Assist in the preparation of requests for internal purchases and purchases order of office stationery and vehicle parts
- Taking minutes at of meetings
- Handle confidential matters
- Assist in the preparation of requests for internal purchases and purchases order of office stationery and machineries
- Assist in updating assets list
- Any other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the service
Minimum Qualification, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate must possess:
- HND/BSc Business Management, Secretarial Studies and any other Social Science related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience in a similar role.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS Office applications with good knowledge of Oracle Applications
- Excellent communication skills and be able to keep confidential information
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Closing date: 9th May 2014
Please complete our online application form here
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.