Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Project Overview and Role
- The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a UKAid funded, five-year programme that provides technical assistance to improve access to and utilisation of quality health care for pregnant women, newborns and children in six northern Nigerian states ? Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Zamfara, Katsina and Yobe.
- MNCH2 is managed by Palladium and a consortium of six Nigerian and international organisations.
- The Administrative Assistant will assist in the office administration and managing logistics of the MNCH2 project at the State level.
- The Administrative Assistant will support the administrative and facility functions of MNCH2 for timely and effective implementation of project?s work.
- He/She will support the coordination of MNCH2 transport and logistics services for all project activities at the state level. He/She will be responsible for booking accommodation for all staff and consultants visiting their state for project activities.
- Follow MNCH2 administrative guidelines and ensure smooth operations at the state office in liaison with MNCH2 Country Office in Kano.
- Support the review of existing administrative systems and procedures.
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs by coordinating regular inventory checks and through timely ordering of supplies.
- Alongside the Finance & Admin Coordinator maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users.
- Support the Finance & Admin Coordinator in preparing monthly office running cost analysis.
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc.
- Provide guidance and direction to drivers and office cleaners.
- Provide and ensure logistics guidance for delivery of items and facilities as the case may be.
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Assist to follow-up on contractors to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
- Support in preparing monthly progress report which seeks to point out closed, outstanding and new issues for all field offices.
- Follow-up with Finance & Admin Coordinator/ Technical staff in resolving issues as they come up.
- Communicate pressing issues to supervisor for technical assistance and further directives.
- Supervise the office administration and logistics in the absence of the Finance & Admin Coordinator
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners and heaters.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodations during their stay.
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold, and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- In collaboration with the Finance & Admin Coordinator maintain rigorous operations ensuring that systems are in place for the proper receipt, rotation and control of program?s materials.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by any staff.
- University degree required.
- Significant office management and administration experience.
- Experience managing DFID-funded activities and thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Expert skills in Excel Spreadsheets, similar accounting software, as well as Word; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply