Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Operational Strategy & Coordination:
- To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy;
- To be part of the Coordination Team (SMT);
- To participate in the analysis and proposal of solutions for all decisions impacting the mission in general.
- To ensure the correct parameters of the accounting software;
- To control the bank book keeping, checking and bank reconciliations;
- To ensure the accounting, non-accounting and expatriates data entry in the accounting software.
- To define and update the conservation and cash flow procedures (Cash Management) in accordance with the local context, to propose alternatives in case of context evolution, to authorize and organize transfers of funds on the bases.
- To consolidate and validate the cash flow forecast of the mission and send it to the HQ,
- To validate the banking establishment choice and validate the payment modalities of recurrent contracts.
- To prepare the mission’s annual budget and its analytical reallocation.
Budgetary and Financial Management:
- To elaborate and validate the project budgets.
- To edit, check and communicate the monthly budgetary follow-up (projection included) to the Coordination Team and to the base admin/coordinators, to question the relevance, alert and support the coordinators,
- To ensure the production and filing of financial report according to the deadline and donors formats
- To supervise the payroll on the base, supervise the management and follow-up of the welfare benefits received on the base and follow the working time ;
- To supervise the staff recruitment according to the mission procedure;
- To manage the administrative teams and evaluate regularly the performances of the team members.
- To implement the security policy in cooperation with the Head of Mission.
- To participate in the evaluation of the general security, the procedures definition and updating,
- To participate in the security data collect, their analyze and the diffusion of alerts or important data
Representation (under HoM request):
- To represent SIF as part of the activities to operational partners and to local or regional authorities (ex: registration as employer, social security, immigration, etc.)
- To attend conferences, coordination meetings, clusters and donors meetings.
- To elaborate monthly administration, financial and HR reports for the Head of Mission.
- To elaborate the admin, HR and Financial part of the donors reports according to the deadline requested.
- To inform immediately the Head of Mission of any delay, conflict, problem encountered as part of the activities.
- To propose improvements to the intern reports formats.
The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and it is evolving.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGOs in similar context;
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools ;
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff) ;
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English ;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action;
- Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing;
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st March, 2018.