AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care
and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
To meet the above needs, the Program wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Advocacy and Marketing Manager
Req No: 2017-6397
Category: Hidden (19741)
Type: Regular Full-Time
- Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
- Support the Country Program Manager to develop, implement and evaluate advocacy and policy change agenda and to promote the work of AHF at national level.
- Plan, develop and monitor implementation of advocacy plans according to AHF mission and core values;
- Coordinate and communicate AHF advocacy and policy change programs with national development networks, key decision and policy makers, and media;
- Strengthen AHF’s parliamentary engagements and participation in relevant Technical working groups at national and state level.
- Provide information on funding opportunities to support advocacy and partnership work in the country;
- Coordinate and assume responsibility for the timely compilation and submission of all project budgets and reports.
- Represent AHF at meetings and conferences
- Identify and lead research into relevant development and HIV policy, write policy reports and briefings as strategic direction.
- Advocate, integrate, improve communication experience exchange and partnership with NGO’s, CBOs, CSOs, AIDS control program at national and state level, PLHIV Groups, key stakeholders and other relevant institutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Marketing and PR/Media Communications:
- Assist in the development and Roll Out of country Marketing Strategies and Monitor its implementation in line with the organization’s strategy priorities.
- Assist in the development, roll out and monitoring of all Marketing Strategy to promote public awareness/engagement, brand visibility, service referral and behavioral change.
- Pitch Foundation-specific and general HIV/AIDS and related news stories, articles and opinion pieces to print, online and electronic news outlets
- Oversee AHF press conferences and media events and strengthen media relations through strategic media activations.
- Manage AHF’s media monitoring agencies (print press clips, web, video and radio)
- Work with the prevention manager to develop effective prevention messaging for dissemination.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of marketing plans in line with country needs and specific campaigns.
- Publicize organizational events and publications
- Write and/or edit press releases, media advisories, Foundation news stories, op-ed pieces and other writing projects as needed
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Law, Human Rights, Mass Communication, Community Development or any other relevant degree.
- Experience in advocacy program development and implementation.
- Appropriate experience may be considered in place of a postgraduate degree.
- Excellent understanding of HIV prevention messaging as well as use of media in HIV prevention.
- At least five years of experience in the successful management and implementation of civil society programs in Nigeria, and an understanding of the linkages between health and human rights in Nigeria.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondences.
- Ability to speak fluently and articulately.
- Professional attitude, collaborative, patient and flexible.