Africa Centre for Health Leadership (ACHL) is an Africa-focussed non-governmental organization contributing to addressing the healthcare challenges in Africa through strengthening health care institutions in the public and private sectors to institutionalize transformational and empowering leadership models in health care delivery. It seeks to develop human and institutional capacity on effective leadership for improved health care delivery.
We are seeking to hire Consultants to work with us on a leadership capacity building program for health workers. The consultancy will involve developing training manuals and curricular addressing health care leadership and facilitating trainings from time to time.
Health Care Leadership Consultants
Level: Volunteer positions with volunteer allowance
- To qualify for this position, the candidates:
- Must be Health care or allied Professionals with at least a Master’s Degree in Health Care Leadership and management or in a related area.
- Possession of a Ph.D in Health Care Leadership or related field and membership of a health care leadership and management professional body is a distinct advantage.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience as service provider and 3 years as health care manager and must be fully conversant with leadership and relationship issues among health professionals in the health industry at all levels of care.
- Additionally, candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in curriculum development and training of health workers and should demonstrate excellent and confident public speaking skills at the level of a successful motivational speaker and must be passionate about issues of equity, leadership and interpersonal relationships in health care.
- Must have excellent writing skills demonstrated through authorship and publication of articles or a book addressing health care leadership and management issues.
This is a volunteer position for those who are passionate about the issues highlighted above and want to donate their time and intellect. However, volunteer allowances will be paid in line with our policy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an update CV, and one page letter (as one document) addressing the qualifications criteria above and a writing sample to: Lauretta Ngozianaza at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified applicants should apply and only shortlisted applicants will be notified.