African Development Bank (AfDB) established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government, is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Senior Policy and Diligence Officer, CGSP.2
Position N°: 50077625
- The Corporate Procurement Division (CGSP.2) is entrusted with the strategic, operation and oversight responsibilities for the execution of corporate procurements within the Bank.
- Under the auspices of the General Services and Procurement Department (CGSP), CGSP.2 is responsible for the formulation, application of the formulation, application and evaluation of procedures and practices covering purchasing and contracting for goods, works and services for the Bank’s internal operations financed under the Bank’s Administration and Capital Expenditure Budgets.
- This position is to implement post-qualification, due diligence reviews, ensure policy compliance, monitor and manage contracts, implement supplier development and relationship management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager and the Chief Procurement Officer, the incumbent is expected to perform the following duties:
- Implement due diligence reviews:
- Draft and update due diligence policy and related due diligence risk tools
- Undertake due diligence reviews
- Ensure compliance with procurement staff
- Address risk issues in the procurement operations
- Implement supplier management tools and supplier development programs to ensure goals of supplier quality and vendor rationalization.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management, contract performance and contract administration.
- Ensure timely follow-up and review of supplier performance evaluation
- Ensure suppliers meet the Bank’s mandatory contractual requirements for the duration of the contract
- Develop tools to address unsatisfactory performance
- Provide guidance on contract matters to procurement managers or other operational staff, including training to new procurement staff in contract management practices and procedures.
- Ensure signed contracts are communicated to stakeholders to provide visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Oversee service level agreement compliance.
- In close connection with end users, ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal of contracts.
- Undertake contract negotiation and execution.
- Develop and deliver training for user departments in procurement and contracting techniques, processes and systems.
- Coordinate and integrate into the cost/benefit analysis the input of various contracting staff.
- Prepare special reports, statistics and forecasts and carry on other assignments as required.
- Support clients’ efforts in creating annual work program estimates and plans.
- Draft and update standard bidding documents.
- Implement best practice procurement strategies to optimize value and mitigate procurement risks.
- Cross-functional working with other business areas to deliver savings and drive procurement strategy.
- Update policy and ensure compliance with policy requirements.
- Keep in alignment the procurement policy with the business needs.
- Provide contract management support to the division.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Law, Marketing or other related fields.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Possess specialized knowledge and expertise required for duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to work cooperatively and efficiently within a team towards corporate objectives; strong interpersonal relations.
- Ability to function effectively in a stressful working environment.
- Ability to understand how clients perceive and assess quality of services provided and answer internal or external clients’ requests quickly.
- Competence in the use of standard software used in the Bank (Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint).
- Experience working with an ERP system, such as SAP, is an asset.
- Fluent in English or French with working knowledge of the other language.
- Experience in procurement and contract management in public international organization is highly desirable. Familiarity with the Bank’s procurement rules and procedures is an asset.
- Proven experience in formulating and implementing policy documents.
- Ability to understand, conceptualize and resolve complex contractual problems.
- Proven familiarity with and experience in managing complex contracts.
- Strong analytical skills to strategic vision, ability to pay attention to details, and work under pressure. Proven experience to break down a complex situation, examine it from various angles and develop practical and realistic recommendations.
- Ability to work autonomously and present solutions to management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to structure information priorities and deliver key messages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th December, 2015.