Exciting Position vacant at Airtel
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Zonal Trade Marketing Manager (North)
Responsible for stimulating sales through brand visibility across Trade Channels and Shops within the Zone.
Implementation of Trade Marketing Strategy
- DeterminingMerchandising requirement in the respective zones and ensuring availability through each channel-Trade, Retail shops, CPs owned Shops, Street Corner Shops, HORECA etc.
- Be the custodian of delivering the trade marketing strategy and picture of success in trade execution in the zones.
Providing Brand Visibility
- Responsible for Trade visibility measurement and Tracking across the zone.
- Working with Regional Brand/ Regional Trade Marketing Manager to drive visibility during Events & Sponsorship
- Work with ZBM to create and drive visibility through promotional activations in the zones.
- Use marketing insight to drive demand across the zone.
Activations and Trade Compliance
- Work with sales team to achieve Coverage Marketing and BTS site activations.
- Ensuring all shops within the zone are consistently compliant to the Shop guide lines.
- Responsible for the gross add activation of agencies & support the team in gross activation through other channels
Competitor activity tracking
- Review ago track competition’s trade marketing activity ( ATL, BTL, OOH)
- Recommend educate team on counter measures.
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional /Technical Skills
- 1st degree in social or pure science.
- A second degree in Business Management will be an added advantage.
- Planning skill & attention to detail
- Relationship Building & Management skill
- Strong Communication and Persuasive skills, with Excellent command of English Language
- Team Management skill
- Time Management skill
- Presentation & Reporting skills
- Budget Control & Cost Optimasation
- Minimum of 5 year experience in marketing activations and channel branding from agency or FMCG industry
- Excellent command of English language.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
- Technical Marketing skills
- Good organizational and planning capabilities
- Innovative and quick thinking capabilities
- High level of stress tolerance
- Innovation and Speedy execution
- Must be a good collaborator/Team player
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Click here to view other available vacancies at Airtel Nigeria