Job Title: Credit Officer.
Job Location: Lagos.
Apply Before: 1st September, 2017.
The Company: Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities) was incorporated in January 2006. Our primary focus is to provide Facility Management Services, Project Management and Real Estate Development Consultancy, and Training services support to corporate organisations and private investors with major Real Estate assets. We pride ourselves in the delivery of high quality professional services which ensure minimum total life cycle cost of assets to their owners.
- The credit officer ensures that credit appraisals and documentations are properly done by authenticating documentation presented for all credit (Invoice Discounting Facility (IDF)) applications and ensure they meet the KYC requirements and any other requirements as required by Alpha Mead Capital and the Bank.
- He / she will be responsible for the origination of contractors to be on-boarded unto the Invoice Discounting Facility program.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process
- Submit applications to bank for verification and account opening recommendation
- Authenticate documentation presented for all IDF applications and ensure they meet the KYC requirements and any other requirements as required by Shell, Alpha Mead and by the bank
- Ensure compliance with Client’s Contract Policy, Procedures and service level agreements.
- Appraisal of contractors’ IDF applications and make recommendations
- Ensure all applicants are advised on outcome of applications within reasonable time
- Manage portfolio under him/her to ensure good performance
- Act as the intermediary between the Alpha Mead and the bank on the IDF program
- Proactively manage risk /exposure for assigned portfolio continuously
- Assist in the grading and classification of IDF accounts
- Manage contractors and stakeholders relations in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Work with our AMF colleagues to determine applicants’ financial status, credit, and work completion certificates evaluations to determine feasibility of granting IDF
- Constantly review and update IDF files and agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy
- Prepares spread sheets, ad-hoc and regular reports, summaries and opinions on the IDF project
- Compute payment schedules and constantly present dashboard / status report to the MD
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them
- Market the IDF product and services to increase volume of contractors that subscribe to the facility
- Maintains the privacy of customer information and the security of all records
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures
- Understands and adheres to the responsibilities associated with Shell and Alpha Mead family in relation to job performed
- Maintain extensive contact with customers, the public and the community, conducting relationships that will enhance the overall marketing effort Alpha Mead Group
- Conduct any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.Sc/BA in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar field; graduate degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the banking and finance environment
- Knowledge of credit risk, loan administration, financial management, credit risk department of a bank or financial institution that is a credit provider. Experience in FI Credit Analysis and/or in small and medium business credit analysis is an added advantage
- Good financial analysis skills
- Experience in loan management tools and platforms
- Ability to compile and report results of activities
- Experience in business development and portfolio management will be a plus
Skill Set and Profile:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, with limited supervision, and be a self-starter
- An understanding of financial management principles and techniques
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and professionalism, initiative, flexibility and innovation;
- The ability to research, analyze and evaluate;
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to react to stressful situations with professionalism while remaining calm
- Must be tolerant of all personality types of clients, customers, employees, vendors and others
- Conduct work relationships/interactions professionally with customers, supervisors, coworkers and others
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Conduct conversations in a professional manner
- Presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements
- Strong numerical ability and quantitative skills;
- Self-confidence, determined, motivated with drive and tenacity;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Interest in current affairs and an appreciation of their impact on the market
- Report writing and IT skills(MSOffice)
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com