Arik Air is now Nigeria’s leading commercial airline. People choose to work here for many reasons. There is the excitement of being a part of a vibrant, international and expanding airline community. We also offer the opportunity to travel and this incentive motivates prospective employees who want to join the Arik team and work for the “Wings of Nigeria”.
Arik Air is a customer-focused airline that offers consistently outstanding services to both business and leisure travellers. We have earned a reputation for providing “the best care in the air”. Industry experts have awarded us for delivering outstanding services. ‘No airline does it in the unique Arik way’.
Arik Air offers customers excellent services on domestic, regional and international routes so we seek the very best candidates to support the attainment of this vision. Interested and qualified professionals must be team players with a passion for people and service and possess undisputed integrity, honesty; mutual respect and responsiveness to our customers’ needs are important values at Arik Air.
Arik Air has established a solid reputation for being one of the best employers in Nigeria. At Arik Air, you will find outstanding career opportunities as well as travel and related benefits.
We operate to the highest standards of employment practices and our selection process is entirely merit-driven. We are regularly expanding our national, regional and international network and are particularly keen to hear from you, wherever you may be.
Arik Air offers opportunities for employment in administrative, professional, technical and airline-specific disciplines, irrespective of the level or area of responsibility, each employee contributes to the growth and success of our airline. We believe that’ individuals score goals, but ultimately ‘the team wins the game’.
If you feel you have these values, a drive to excel in the performance of your job duties and would like to be part of the Arik team, please submit an application for one of our open positions. We welcome the opportunity to bring enthusiastic new people aboard.
At Arik Air, you will become part of a heritage of great achievement with a future of even greater promises.
Team Lead Sales and Operations
Frequent liaison with the MD to review revenue achievement, team performance and status of set plans and projects.
Where necessary the Team Lead Sales and Operations will need an active ongoing relationship with ground agents and suppliers to maintain sales volumes.
The Team Lead Sales and Operations will need to liaise with other departments within Arik Airto resolve daily issues; queries and other customer care issues that are highlighted by Arik Explorer customers.
- To manage all sales and operational processes ensuring that sales and revenue targets are delivered and the operational integrity of all Arik Explorer products and services are continuously maintained.
- To manage all sales and operations staff, coaching and developing to maximize performance of the overall department and achieve revenue and guest volume targets.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / KNOWLEDGE
A University degree in a business related field. A postgraduate degree would be an advantage
A minimum of 4 years experience in a variety of sales management roles within airlines, travel agencies, Tour Operator or travel technology companies to enable thorough understanding of a Tour Operating function.
Experience of people management within such organizations is vital.
Experience in the use of Airline GDS systems (Mercator preferred) with Tour Operating procedures.
Selling skills along with people management abilities.
A thorough knowledge of end to end booking procedures is essential.
Geographical and specific resort knowledge is very important so that the Team Lead Sales and Operations is a point of reference for the Call Centre staff.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages.
Good general understanding of the Travel Industry.
Knowledge of making informed and effective presentations to various groups.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND CURRENT OBJECTIVES
- Ensure Arik Explorer staff service incoming reservation calls and emails from direct Guests, Agents and Arik Air offices across the network.
- Manage operational and service quality to ensure very minimal complaint from our guests
- Manage sales force to answer incoming calls ensuring that staff training and productivity is optimized.
- To produce weekly sales revenue/ volume reports to fully update team on the company sales performance.
- Designing and running training courses for staff to actively sell both existing and brand new destinations in line with set targets.
- Help conduct two appraisals annually for all staff to recognize achievement and deal with poor performance where appropriate
Required skills & qualifications
- Ability to roster staff efficiently to optimize resources and cover set working hours and peak booking periods. 10%
- Excellent motivational skills to ensure Sales and Operations agents meet telephone answering / revenue / customer volume targets.
- A team player able to communicate with colleagues at all levels to achieve overall company targets.
- Ability to problem solve balancing the need of the Guest with other responsibilities
- To complete and maintain accurate files for each booking, supplying information to other stakeholders as required.
- Must be proactive and provide new innovations to boost sales.
- Management of all pre and post departure involuntary changes to confirmed bookings & post departure in-resort voluntary changes.
- Management of emergency situations where Guests may be affected overseas by disasters or personal injuries and drawing up the support of other company areas where required.
- Coordinate and take part in vital training of staff to ensure all are always well informed.
- Strong people management skills combined with the ability to motivate, coach, and develop a multi-cultural team
Method of Application
Email CV to [email protected]