The US Embassy is recruiting into the post of an Assistant Cook
The Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Steward/Assistant Cook for the DCM Residence (DCR).
JOB OPPORTUNITY – STEWARD/ASSISTANT COOK
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION TITLE: Steward/Assistant Cook
OPENING DATE: December 23, 2014
CLOSING DATE: January 6, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: TO BE DETERMINED BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
Employee reports to the Head Cook and serves as the Assistant Cook at the DCR.
Responsibilities are as follows:
a. Prepares meals for the DCM and guests, proposes and executes menus for official functions
as directed and assists, as necessary, in serving food. Employee will keep records of menus
for official functions, and regularly adds new recipes to the Official Residence files.
b. Makes purchases of all necessary ingredients, such as vegetables and meats at the local
market. In addition, the employee will maintain organized records of expenses for official
c. Cleans the kitchen precincts and pantry and maintains all kitchen appliances, equipment,
dishes, pots and pans spotless clean and keeps the kitchen in good order at all times.
d. Serves drinks and hors d’oeuvres at receptions.
e. Cleans the residence and washes laundry. Escorts Embassy and contract maintenance staff
when at the residence.
f. Other duties as assigned by the Head Cook.
1. Completion of Secondary School and vocational training in catering or as a Cook.
2. Experience in the hospitality industry as a caterer, cook, or assistant cook is required.
3. Knowledge of food preparation in local and continental cuisine is required.
4. Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading of English is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be
1. A current resume or curriculum vitae.
2. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and
addressing the minimum requirements as advertised.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that
addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4306 and 4261