FAAN is in need of an Assistant General Manager, Data Management Unit
The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) is a service organization statutorily charged with the responsibility of managing all Commercial Airports in Nigeria and providing services to both passengers and airlines.
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS:
- To develop, provide and maintain Airports, necessary services and facilities for safe, orderly, expeditious and economic operation of Air Transport.
- To provide adequate conditions under which passengers and goods may be carried by air and under which aircrafts may be used for other gainful purposes and prohibiting the carriage by air of goods of such classes as may be prescribed.
- To charge for services provided by the authority at airports.
- To provide accommodation and other facilities for the effective handling of passengers and freight.
- To develop and provide facilities for surface transportation within the airports.
- To carry out at the airports (either by itself or by an agent or in partnership with any other person), economic activities that are relevant to airports.
- To carry out at the airports (either by itself, its agents or in partnership with any other person) such other commercial activities which are not relevant to air transport.
- To provide adequate facilities and personnel for effective security at all airports.
- Generally, to create conditions for the development in the most economic and efficient manner of air transport and the services connected with it.
To effectively perform and uphold her mandate, FAAN seeks to hire passionate, motivated and highly qualified candidates to fill positions at different locations throughout Nigeria.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER, DATA MANAGEMENT UNIT (AGM-DMU) – GL 15
JOB CODE: FAAN/AGM-DMU /001.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
* Manage the Data Management Unit to ensure that operational results are met
* Develop and manage the implementation of the work plans of the Unit
* Lead data analysis and provide reports for management decision making
* Supervise and monitor the performance of the Unit across all airports.
* Train and mentor staff of the Unit to ensure that they have capability to meet the needs of FAAN
* Lead code information and resolve processing problems.
* Direct the protection of FAAN’s value by keeping information confidential.
* Perform other duties as may be directed by the General Manager
* Minimum: A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics. Masters Degree is an advantage
* Must have completed the mandatory NYSC or has received exemption from service.
* Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis
* Experience managing a Unit and supervising staff and work activities.
* A minimum of 15 years working experience
* A good command of the use of SPSS
* Competence in the use of other statistical tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
* Pass Aptitude Test and the Oral Job Interview
* Age Limit: 40 Years as at last Birthday.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should apply online. PLEASE NOTE THAT NO HARD COPY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To apply: log on to the employment portal at faanrecruitment.com and follow the instructions.
Applicants meeting the required qualifications will be considered for ONLINE Aptitude Test. Applicants selected for Aptitude Tests will be provided a Unique Test ID Number.
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), and other necessary support documents. The following documents are required and should be scanned and uploaded onlinewhere required:
- A comprehensive CV
- All certificates from Primary School to the Highest Level of Education Obtained
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Certificate of State of Origin
- A Government Issued ID such as the National Identification Number (NIN), Nigerian International Passport, Valid Driver’s License
- A recent Passport (sized) Photo
- Only applicants who fully meet the requirements and are being considered for Aptitude Test will be contacted.
Application and Aptitude Test Period: January 8-22, 2015. (Aptitude Test for Selected Candidates Only)
- Note that only ONE JOB APPLICATION PER APPLICANT WILL BE ENTERTAINED. Applicants applying for more than one job will be automatically disqualified.
- NO FEE IS REQUIRED FOR ONLINE APPLICATION, TEST OR INTERVIEW!
- PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT FAAN DIRECTLY regarding this recruitment. Such Inquiries WILL NOT be entertained and you may be disqualified.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.