InterContinental Hotel in Lagos Is recruiting into the position of a Banquet Sales Executive
InterContinental Hotel Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers.
Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor. Guests have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar is the perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveller there is a health club bar serving fresh juices. InterContinental Lagos also offers exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities include a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space.
We are currently recruiting our Sales Manager
Positions: Banquet Sales Executive
Job Number: LAG000168
Key responsibilities of the role include:
As the Banquet Sales Executive, you will promote and produce sales leads; Identify potential clients and maximize on Events and Meetings; Contribute to the targets outlined in the Marketing Plan of the hotel, whilst maintaining guest satisfaction. Assist with negotiating banqueting & catering event orders within approved booking guidelines, and produce all sales contracts and rate agreements.
In return we’ll give you a generous financial and benefits package including duty meals, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
- Experience in emerging markets / similar hard locations
- Visionary & strategic thinker and ability to convert this to action
- Be organised and able to follow up on leads
- Good understanding of the Nigerian/African business and operation environments and markets
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums – presentation, telephone, correspondence, face to face etc. in English and preferably a 2nd languag
- University degree preferably in marketing or tourism/hospitality management
- Minimum of 3 years Banquet and Events Sales Marketing experience in the international 5* luxury hotel or convention facilities for more than 500 guest.
- Service minded and ability to involve and support operations
- Business savvy and good people skills
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should
Application Deadline 23rd October, 2014
More vacancies at Intercontinental Hotel Lagos here