Bar Manager Needed At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
Job: Food & Beverage Management -Nigeria
Schedule: Full Time
What is your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, hiking or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU! We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed team at the InterContinental Lagos. (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/new-hotels/lagos). InterContinental Lagos is in Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travelers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor. Guests have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar is the perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveller there is a health club bar serving fresh juices. InterContinental Lagos also offers exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities include a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space. We are currently recruiting our Bar Manager. As the Bar Manager, you will provide functional assistance to the Food & Beverage operations as assigned for the smooth running of all bars operations at Intercontinental Lagos. You will co-ordinate all the functions and activities of all the bars and employees within the bars under the general guidance and direction of the Food & Beverage Manager or his/her delegate and within the limits of the established Intercontinental Hotel Group policies and procedures; Ensure smooth running of beverage service by being prepared and having stocks ready for service within the assigned bar(s)/functions; identify and anticipate guest needs by ensuring complete guest satisfaction. You will also maintain comprehensive product knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods, garnishments, current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- On the floor observation and supervision to ensure that the bars are running according to the service standard manual, policies and procedural manual.
- Investigate guest complaints and take corrective measures, together with a report to the Food & Beverage manager.
- Ensure that operational stock levels are sufficient to maintain minimum standards as laid down.
- Ensure that inventory is taken as per policy.
- Assist in implementing and controlling the billing procedures for all bars.
- Degree or its equivalent with formal bar tending training with extensive knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments.
- Good knowledge and flair for night life is a must.
- Alcohol awareness and knowledge of responsible service
- Ability to build relations with beverage distribution companies, breweries and even vineyards.
- Extensive international experience in branded hotels
- Good business mind and commercial flair
- Service minded and ability to involve and support operations