Business Development Consultant at DuPont Sustainable Solutions
A Catalyst for Transformation
DuPont Sustainable Solutions leads the transformation of workplaces and work cultures to become safer, more efficient and environmentally sustainable. That is our vision, our mission, and our passion.
By applying over 200 years of first-hand knowledge, real-world experience, and science-driven innovation, we deliver long-lasting corporate sustainability solutions to help achieve safety goals, greater efficiencies, and reduced environmental footprints.
Business Development Consultant
Job Description (Responsibilities)
- Responsible for the full sales cycle from opportunity identification to management of client acquisition process to multi-year, multi-phase contract closure.
- Develops profitable and practical holistic market back value offers working in conjunction with assigned Project Managers.
- Key owner of all aspects of client development and deal closure, with direct accountability for fulfilling product offering, client satisfaction, account development and future sales phases of the business development process.
- Retains account relationship management post contract signing.
- Accountable for development of client engagement plans based on collected information – including defining macro scopes of work, schedules and project team – proposes and concludes approved plan to client.
- Leads new account sales process by developing account plan, identifying – in conjunction with Project Managers – necessary resources, leading client interface, and coordinating various resources to develop opportunities and close business.
- Conducts account analysis and planning in conjunction with Project Managers to enable appropriate and profitable allocation of required resources and time to client engagements.
- Serves as Client Relationship Manager, building credibility and respect at the senior corporate level, maintains long-term client relationships.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for expanding product offerings/revenue generation at existing and potential new clients.
- Maintains profit/loss and revenue accountability for client engagement, tracks financial metrics and reports progress. Tactical elements remain the responsibility of Project Managers.
- Accountable for regular internal account reviews with DSS leadership.
- Meets and exceeds agreed annual business development objectives, which is the primary measure of personal contribution.
- Maintains current working knowledge of existing and new DSS product and service offerings.
- Gains first hand experience of DSS client deliveries and practices.
- Maintains knowledge of and provides input to management on competitive offerings and changing client demands.
- Maintains appropriate memberships and activity with Industry associations and Government institutions.
- Assesses market opportunities, generates client leads and develops business plan, pipeline, to meet revenue objectives.
- Significant interaction with all personnel at the business unit level, including participation in special project, account planning and communication meetings within the business unit.
- Works with Project Managers to expand sales to existing clients by identifying additional needs and selling sustainable solutions to meet those needs.
- Works closely with marketing organization to plan and execute successful sales events.
- Takes an active role in developing sales skills of other team members through mentoring while engaged in client delivery.
- Has a specific annual business development objective, which is the primary measure of personal contribution.
- Responsible for capturing and updating key account activities and learnings in appropriate databases / communication vehicles.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree: Technical or Economics required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience with proven track record of success in securing complex multi-year projects.
- Proven track record of Client for Life engagements – optimizing and extending current client contracts to secure profitable multi-year solutions.
- Proven experience in selling at senior executive and board level.
- Management Consulting and Services selling experience preferred.
- We are particularly interested in hearing from experienced management consultants with significant success in oil & gas, petrochemicals or utilities. Consulting experience in change management, operational excellence, safety or sustainable development would be beneficial.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and a minimum of one other local language. Additional languages will be considered an advantage.
- Extensive international travel